advertisement

Bluesound Airplay how to?

fegs

pfm Member
Do any Bluesound users stream audio from Apple devices to their Bluesound products using Airplay?

I was thinking of trying to stream audio from Youtube through my HiFi, I know I could use bluetooth but wanted to see what the quality was like using Airplay?

Problem is I can't see anything Airplay related on the Bluos App, it's all updated and I've got the latest version of the App and the Bluos software, Iphone also has the latest IOS

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Contact Bluesound through the app and they will get back to you, the service is excellent. I'm an Android user having bought a Node from Strictly Stereo off here a couple of weeks ago. Had an issue with the app settings which they sorted out via web control and call.

No longer using a Node but as I recall you just open whatever music app you want to play from and when you hit the airplay button the Node should read as an available item to send to.

There was nothing in the settings that I recall having seen on the Bluesound but it definitely showed when you were using any app on an iPhone or iPad that could be sent via airplay.

Contact Bluesound through the app and they will get back to you, the service is excellent. I'm an Android user having bought a Node from Strictly Stereo off here a couple of weeks ago. Had an issue with the app settings which they sorted out via web control and call.

I've contacted them as you suggested, I'm still having no joy getting my Apple devices to recognise the Bluos

To use airplay I can just select the BluOs device (a Nad M10) from the list of airplay devices in native IOS on an iPad Air - I didnt go into the Bluos app to enable it or access it. Anything else airplay enabled also comes up in the list when I press the airplay button on the ipad, for example an Allo streamer running Volumio. Weird that your doesn't come up in that list, do you have any other IOS devices on the same network that you could try to see if it's an issue with the phone?

To use airplay I can just select the BluOs device (a Nad M10) from the list of airplay devices in native IOS on an iPad Air - I didnt go into the Bluos app to enable it or access it. Anything else airplay enabled also comes up in the list when I press the airplay button on the ipad, for example an Allo streamer running Volumio. Weird that your doesn't come up in that list, do you have any other IOS devices on the same network that you could try to see if it's an issue with the phone?

Where's the Airplay button on an Ipad? what does it look like?

Thanks. for your reply

I wonder if the BluOS device is on a different part of the network or for some reason not broadcasting. Are all the devices connected to the same wifi / wired network, and is there any way you can check your router to see if it can find the IP address on the BluOS device? It's a puzzler as if it is on the same network as your IOS devices it should just appear in the list of Airplay devices.

It could be that it's just faulty because as you say it should be supported as your device is on the supported list here: https://support.bluos.net/hc/en-us/articles/360013227054-AirPlay-2-and-Siri

2i defo has Airplay 2

Usual IT stuff, power off the lot, Router on then the rest. Set/Reserve a StaticIP on the Node from the Router. Try it cabled rather than WiFi to test.

Mine just happened with no input from me. Go to iTunes and open 'songs'...select song or etc. Now top left of the window is the play/pause buttons and a volume slider. next to that, a small symbol like a radio beacon. Click on that and your devices are listed. Click on the name you gave the Blu on set up and that's it.

I wonder if the BluOS device is on a different part of the network or for some reason not broadcasting. Are all the devices connected to the same wifi / wired network, and is there any way you can check your router to see if it can find the IP address on the BluOS device? It's a puzzler as if it is on the same network as your IOS devices it should just appear in the list of Airplay devices.

It could be that it's just faulty because as you say it should be supported as your device is on the supported list here: https://support.bluos.net/hc/en-us/articles/360013227054-AirPlay-2-and-Siri

It's a wired connection so I'm guessing it must be on the same network?

2i defo has Airplay 2

Usual IT stuff, power off the lot, Router on then the rest. Set/Reserve a StaticIP on the Node from the Router. Try it cabled rather than WiFi to test.

It's already cabled, that's what's puzzling me

Mine just happened with no input from me. Go to iTunes and open 'songs'...select song or etc. Now top left of the window is the play/pause buttons and a volume slider. next to that, a small symbol like a radio beacon. Click on that and your devices are listed. Click on the name you gave the Blu on set up and that's it.

I'm now using a Macbook, there's a symbol at the top for Airplay (rectangle with triangle at bottom), it lists all my devices except BluOS

Thanks all for the replies

Factory Reset the node if not done already and change the network cable - unlikely but just in case, plus plug into a different port on router/switch.

Factory Reset the node if not done already and change the network cable - unlikely but just in case, plus plug into a different port on router/switch.

Tried all of the above except swapping the cable which isn't so simple has it's a long cable

Still no joy

advertisement

Back