advertisement

Klotz MC5000 vs AC110 (vs Mogami Neglex 2549)

gerlando

Prog Rocker
Klotz MC5000 and AC110.

Are there any differences between them or are they practically the same?

How do they relate to the Mogami Neglex 2549?

Thank you.
Mauro

Hardly noticed any difference between AC110 and MC5000 both in 3 m extension chords. Neglex 2549 is a bit cleaner and more neutral but I didn’t use the same plugs. AC 110 is a bit warmer and more bassy. The difference is minimal though, not really worth spending much time worrying about it. Just get the one that’s more easily available. I’d be perfectably happy with the AC110 if I didn’t try the other two.

I have AC110 and MC5000 cables between 0.5M and 3.0M, use Neutrik plugs throughout. Cannot tell any difference, the MC5000 seems more in favour so if you can have either I’d go with it. The Neutrik ProFi plugs are very nice.

Not tried the Mogami, I do have some Sommer and Van Damme, I use Lo Cap Van Damme for my TT leads.

I have AC110 and MC5000 cables between 0.5M and 3.0M, use Neutrik plugs throughout. Cannot tell any difference, the MC5000 seems more in favour so if you can have either I’d go with it. The Neutrik ProFi plugs are very nice.

Not tried the Mogami, I do have some Sommer and Van Damme, I use Lo Cap Van Damme for my TT leads.

I have a pair of Klotz AC110 (with Rean plugs) and a pair of Mogami 2549, but I can hardly notice any difference.

Maybe my ears are getting too old....

Really don't suppose there is much difference in any of the cables you list. I own a set of Morgami which I keep as a spare but it bettered many more expensive ones.

I sell Closer OGY speakers in the UK (toetapaudio) which use a five inch full range driver and hence no crossover. I find they are very transparent and I can easily detect changes in cabling from make to make. I’m currently auditioning a number of different pro cables which all give results that surpass more expensive “Hi-Fi” brands. I first came across Klotz cables after Closer recommended trying Klotz 2Y225 speaker cables (about £15 for 3 m pair for cable only) for use with the OGY’s. Straight off the bat I found them to outperform my reference which are over £1,200 pair. The differences were more open, increase in details and more realistic balance.

This experience led to trying their interconnect cables. I’m currently auditioning the Klotz AC110 with Rean RCA’s 1.5 m length, which is again better than the other studio cable I was testing beforehand (Sommer Classique which is good but not as well balanced). Next up will be the Klotz MC5000 cable. Out of these the winner will receive KLE plugs to see if this improves the sound still further. I haven’t tried KLE but I have read lots of positive comments, so one would expect a further uptick in performance. These cables will then go forward to a shootout with other pro cables such as Belden 8408, Mogami 2549, Mogam 2803, Sommer Club and a one other which is supposedly by Ortofon.

Klotz cables are superb, I have some of their 240 loudspeaker cable, also AC110 and MC5000.
Their AC110 is identical with Rega Couple 1.
Klotz, Mogami and others are used in Studios, the audiophile madness never get through these doors.

Klotz cables are superb, I have some of their 240 loudspeaker cable, also AC110 and MC5000.
Their AC110 is identical with Rega Couple 1.
Klotz, Mogami and others are used in Studios, the audiophile madness never get through these doors.
How would you describe the differences between the AC110 and MC5000? I’m sure they are both very good.

I haven’t tried their 2Y240 L/S cable but getting good results from the 225 which might work better with high efficiency speakers?

All my ICs are Klotz MC5000 with Neutrik Pro-fi terminations. 4mm Klotz speaker cable and 2.5mm too.

How would you describe the differences between the AC110 and MC5000?
I don't.

Hardly do compares any longer, people seem to ask for, on and on every day on forums.
Perhaps you may consider getting those cables to try yourself, they are inexpensive and you could find different results than others ?.

I just use the kit in my setups and are happy with that.
I did direct compares occasionally in my youth, getting older I don't need it.

advertisement

Back