advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, you’re wrong again. It’s quite a bad habit you have there.
You're a considerable rarity then; someone who has swung to gammon and brexit post referendum? Most have gone the other way, when it became apparent that they were conned and it's a total shitshow. Perhaps you can share some of the many positives which have emerged over the last four years, and which are responsible for your volte-face?

You're a considerable rarity then; someone who has swung to gammon and brexit post referendum? Most have gone the other way, when it became apparent that they were conned and it's a total shitshow. Perhaps you can share some of the many positives which have emerged over the last four years, and which are responsible for your volte-face?
:rolleyes:

I’ve always liked gammon, been eating it for many years.

I haven’t ‘swung’. How I voted in 2016 is how I would vote now if the referendum was held again next week.

I will never help enable a tory seat, unlike you, given nationalism is your top priority whereas mine is doing whatever I can to prevent them winning a GE.

:rolleyes:

I’ve always liked gammon, been eating it for many years.

I haven’t ‘swung’. How I voted in 2016 is how I would vote now if the referendum was held again next week.

I will never help enable a tory seat, unlike you, given nationalism is your top priority whereas mine is doing whatever I can to prevent them winning a GE.

I think all you’re seeing is that Brian is a realist, he sounds pragmatic too.

We can shout and ball all we like, but we’re finishing our previous relationship with the EU at the end of the year and that’s that, how we depart is down to the same government that started it all off and, like Brian says, if people don’t like it, then they should vent their anger towards making sure the Tories aren’t given any chance at the next election.

UupfBu0.png

Boris summed it all up very succinctly in two words:

"F***k business"

Seriously, why are the Tories and their Brexit supporters so keen to get out of the transition period whatever the cost.

We’ve left the EU.

We are in the middle of an economic crisis and leaving without a deal could turn it into a existential one.

The sensible option is to maintain the status quo until such time the effects can be mitigated. We can leave without a deal any time we like. No one can stop the U.K. in its ambition of self harm.

Its total madness to go ahead with this under the current circumstances.

Stephen

It isn't, but is a coalition of small countries that together are big enough to stand up to the USA and China and then be in a position to set the rules rather than be forced to obey someone elses.
Well, obviously.

What you didn’t go on to say is it’s a coalition of 27 countries that has no right or mandate from any electorate to tell Australia or anyone else how to run their country.

The EU is not the planet political policeman, butting into the business of how other countries operate, the US is heavily criticised for doing that. All those 27 counties need to do is concentrate on trade.

Is the EU trying to take over the World? Who do they think they are? Nothing more guaranteed to encourage far right nationalism in a country than pushing that country around and bullying.

Yes, because using your economic power to improve the environment is such a bad thing.

No country has to accept the EU’S (or US or China’s) conditions.

We do this too you know. With trade deals and sanctions with ‘less powerful’ countries. Look at the bullies we are when trying to get South Africa to abandon apartheid or Iran to abandon their nuclear arms.

Stephen.

I agree with that, but it is not the place of the EU to tell Australia how to run their country.

How will you feel when the US does just that with respect to health care and insurance?

We can accept a deal or not. Using the word ‘bully’ is emotional nonsense.

All countries try to get the best deal for themselves. Your visceral hatred makes you single the EU out when they behave in the same fashion as all other Blocs. In fact they are no worse (and usually better) than most.

Stephen

How will you feel when the US does just that with respect to health care and insurance?

We can accept a deal or not. Using the word ‘bully’ is emotional nonsense.

All countries try to get the best deal for themselves. Your visceral hatred makes you single the EU out when they behave in the same fashion as all other Blocs. In fact they are no worse (and usually better) than most.

Stephen
What on earth makes you think I agree with such political interference when it is not the EU doing it? Your post is a load of rubbish.

Your problem is you’re so obsessed with brexit you imagine all manner of opinions are based on it. There are many important matters going on in this country and all over the world, my opinion on those issues is not formed by brexit or any particular opinion of the EU.

Gove preparing his own little 'not me guv'. As if these facts were not available to him when he was slithering on to Farage's lawn.

"Colleagues of Michael Gove report that he has become steadily more alarmed about how badly Britain will suffer. Beef and lamb farmers would face tariffs of 40% to 100%, which would put many of them out of business. Car manufacturers would be confronted with export duties of 10%, which would make the viability of some of their factories highly doubtful. As the minister with chief responsibility for no-deal contingency planning, Mr Gove knows better than most what it would mean."

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-with-danger-by-threatening-a-crashout-brexit

I agree with your repeated calls for a more civil debate, Brian, but you’re not helping your cause here.

Frankly, I just ignore it.

It’s true though that I’m pretty obsessed with keeping my job and others not falling into penury because of Brexit.

I do find it strange that leavers see themselves as victims when it was our choice to leave the EU.

Ironically, in a way, it’s those of us who voted to remain who really understand where the U.K. stands in this power balance.

And when the US insist on us opening up agriculture and the NHS, I won’t be calling them bullies. I will of course support any cause I can to stop that happening. And it will be happening as a direct result of Brexit.

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back