advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new episode of Montalbano
"beloved Salvo"
Iplayer

It was quite good. If you have followed the whole series then 2 things stand out
1/ He is still driving the same battered Fiat as a police car.
2/ In 7 series we have had 6 Livia's (his girlfriend) each one younger than the last :)

The sequel to the The Haunting of Hill House is on Netflix—The Haunting of Bly Manor.

It's an adaptation of Henry James' Turn of the Screw.

It's pretty good so far—apart from some horrendous English accents that Dick Van Dyke would be proud of.

Stephen

Last edited:
It was quite good. If you have followed the whole series then 2 things stand out
2/ In 7 series we have had 6 Livia's (his girlfriend) each one younger than the last :)
Yeah I wondered if I'd seen that Livia before.

Not for everyone, hope they make series 4, really high up on the list as far as my fav shows go

We are just getting ready to watch the last two episodes so hoping for more. It doesn't show up any side in a good light. It is fiction that is probably closer to the truth unfortunately.

Bullet holes aside, it's in pretty good condition for what is now a 29-year-old car. The Young Montalbano series, set in 1991~1992, features the same grey Tipo.

The police patrol cars are all fairly old models too: one of many visual clues that Vigata is not high on the list when it comes to requisitioning equipment. It's a recurring theme of the books that the National Police generally play second fiddle to the Carabinieri, and a small Sicilian station is inevitably going to get hand-me-downs.

Into the second series of Gomorra on Sky Atlantic.
Thankfully I’m not squeamish, but I’d never be an Italian drug dealing gangster.
The subtitles are very well done, taking nothing away from the nastiness on screen.

Life ............
Alison Steedman Peter Davison
iPlayer

Bleak and pretty ridiculous in equal measure, I thought. A fan of both but thought they were wasted in this. The writer's Dr. Foster was far more plausible.

Took advantage of 99 p offer on prime for Starsplay and acorn tv , Fringe and the second season of Manhunt 'deadly games' about the Atlanta bomber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back