advertisement

A thread for forthcoming vinyl releases...

My Beauty by Kevin Rowland is available for pre order on Cherry Red. Not for everyone, but in my top 5 of deleted recordings .

Arrived today, Lovely package, but with the addition of Thunder Road this now runs to 59 minutes, which is pushing it for a single album. A double might have been a better idea. I suspect I will get the CD as well.

My Talk Talk reissue of It’s My Life arrived today and they have done a very good job. It sounds almost as dynamic as my original pressing but has the advantage of being much quieter and purple; what’s not to like:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08FNV2MZ8/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

I ordered one of these from HMV this morning before I read this. Good to know, thanks. I thought it was an HMV exclusive, but who cares...

Do you know what the recent-ish reissue of the first Talk Talk LP is like?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Anybody get these? Received my Radioactivity today and it’s very noisy, throws the needle around a fair bit too.

My copy of Tour De France arrived yesterday and it sounds superb to these ears... Still waiting on Electric Cafe, sorry, We're Pop We Are (or whatever it's called these days). I know I've ordered (probably) the two worst Kraftwerk albums but I have minty UK originals of the rest and already have the previous Kling Klang reissues of the post Autobahn albums, except for Tour and Cafe (as I insist on calling it). There's only so much cash and shelf space to go around...

Anybody get these? Received my Radioactivity today and it’s very noisy, throws the needle around a fair bit too.
I bought the 6 German language reissues yesterday - haven't got round to playing them yet. I'll give Radio-Activitat a spin tomorrow

I ordered one of these from HMV this morning before I read this. Good to know, thanks. I thought it was an HMV exclusive, but who cares...

Do you know what the recent-ish reissue of the first Talk Talk LP is like?

Sorry Moo but I have not heard that one. There are still copies of the earlier reissues of their third and fourth LP's which come with DVD audio discs and these are well worth having.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0074V5Q0M/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
MAy I ask where you picked these up and if Radioactivitat is actually in German?
Got them from my local Record shop - they were reissued along with the English versions. It seems to be identical to my original Uk pressing except the titles are in German :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Got them from my local Record shop - they were reissued along with the English versions. It seems to be identical to my original Uk pressing except the titles are in German :rolleyes:

The ones with German language options are TEE, Man Machine, Computer World, and I think Electric Cafe/Techno Pop, and certainly Minimum Maximum. The rest are identical bar the covers.

The ones with German language options are TEE, Man Machine, Computer World, and I think Electric Cafe/Techno Pop, and certainly Minimum Maximum. The rest are identical bar the covers.
I only bought it for completion’s sake - completely pointless otherwise.

I only bought it for completion’s sake - completely pointless otherwise.

I went for the vinyl/CD split, I’ve got a full set of UK original vinyl (including 1/2 & R&F!) for the English and the Das Katalog box for the German versions. I don’t really like the way they have remastered everything (no-noise, compression etc), the original vinyl sounds way better/more dynamic/open, but that aside I do prefer the German lyrics, they just fit the aesthetic better IMO.

Unfollow the rules by Rufus Wainwright is turning into a fast favourite!

produced by Mitchell Froom and very strongly recommended

advertisement

Back