advertisement

Greenstreet or Kore?

sktn77a

pfm Member
Hello all:

I've read all of the relevant posts on this forum but still am wondering which would be the better upgrade for my 1997 LP12 (Cirkus bearing)/Ekos 2. I can get the Kore for the same price as the GS. Logic tells me the GS should be better as a pretty good Keel clone but has anyboy here had experience with both?

Not interested in other upgrades at this time.

Greenstreet may not be compatible with Karousel; I appreciate you are not looking at other upgrades but I think this is still an important factor.

Personally I would stay with Linn upgrades but many others will disagree.

Greenstreet may not be compatible with Karousel;

Oh, really? Not that I'm planning a Karousel upgrade any time soon, but why do you think there may be a compatibility issue? I figured that, as both are compatible with the Cirkus, there wouldn't be an issue with the Karousel(?)

Oh, really? Not that I'm planning a Karousel upgrade any time soon, but why do you think there may be a compatibility issue? I figured that, as both are compatible with the Cirkus, there wouldn't be an issue with the Karousel(?)
Thinking about it I may be getting it mixed up with the Mober upgrades, apologies.

Karousel can fit a Greenstreet. I’ve just had it done and very good it sounds too

I’ve not compared a GS with a Kore - suffice to say that my Linn dealer is always trying to get me to move over to Linn original products. I’m VERY happy with the GS.

I suppose I was half right;)

If the shim is a reasonable cost I would get one anyway just in case & will make deck more sellable if you decide to move it on.

I just got a reply from Greenstreet. Their Keel clone subchassis is not compatible with the Karousel at present. There may be a work-around (the shim?) but they are working on making it fully compatible.

David Genther at GS made me a shim and sent it straight to my dealer to fit. It cost me nothing but maybe he was using me as a guinea pig to see if he could make it work :D

They say that they can machine their Greenstreet subchassis to take a Cirkus bearing or the older (pre-Cirkus) bearing so there must be something about the bearing seat that is unique to the Greenstreet. I guess they will eventually machine it differently for the karousel, But we will have to wait and see!

To the original question - anybody have any experience with the Greenstreet vs the Kore?

You mean a Kore? I may, just wanted to hear if anyone had heard them both and found any major differences.

Unlikely you will find a straight A/B comparison with the same power supply, arm, cartridge etc. Given that the Greenstreet is a Klone of the Keel (which itself is much more expensive than a Kore) I’d make a guess that the GS might be a bit better. But who knows..... what do you have now?

advertisement

Back