advertisement

The Flaming Lips - American Head

I so want to like the flaming lips. I like a man that cant sing as much as the next bloke. Love Yes for instance, but his voice is just so terrible.

The few rips I have here are also just shitty recordings as well, Chemical Brothers are bad like that as well. I am listening right now to Goldies 'Timeless', what a stunningly good recording!

Gary, you really like The Flaming Lips. This fact will emerge in time. They are a Pink Floyd for this century. Also, after a surprisingly short while, Wayne becomes a truly great singer.

That's the place I'm getting to after only starting to listen to them a few months ago. Took a bit of perseverance but in the end give me emotion over perfect pitch any day.

The coloured vinyl doesn't do it for me either.
A little late to the party as usual but enjoying this album all the same.

The only other Lips music I have is a copy of The Soft Bulletin which is a remaster and it sounds a bit brutal. I upgraded from the Rega RP3 and I can play it now but it still is a bit shrill at times.

I quite like them and have seen them live (where they are at their best). Any previous albums I've bought I have always sold on after a few months though I can't put a finger on why.
This new one is a keeper though even if the colours are vomit inducing.

I so want to like the flaming lips. I like a man that cant sing as much as the next bloke. Love Yes for instance, but his voice is just so terrible.

The few rips I have here are also just shitty recordings as well, Chemical Brothers are bad like that as well. I am listening right now to Goldies 'Timeless', what a stunningly good recording!

Have a smoke, have a drink, turn the lights down low and the music up loud, and dance around your room in a bear suit letting his words penetrate your soul...

don’t fight the tears...

Not listened to The Flaming Lips since Yoshimi, could never get into the electronic direction they took on the Soft Bulletin. Clouds Taste Metallic, Hit to Death in the Future Head and Transmissions from the Satellite Heart are the top FL albums for me. They never seem to get much recognition for the pre Soft Bulletin stuff. I take it all the latest ones are Yoshimi-esque?

advertisement

Back