advertisement

Are you in the right job?

Oddly enough, this got a mention on the news quiz (see other thread!) mine said Teacher (which I failed at - ho hum).....

Obviously the ubiquitous 'Boxer' was in there too :)

But absolutely no mention of the job I do.

S

It does not seem to be any better than my school carrier advisor who suggested that my mate who was good at woodwork and quite liked R.E. (religious education) to apply to the local undertakers :)

Oddly enough, this got a mention on the news quiz (see other thread!) mine said Teacher (which I failed at - ho hum).....

Obviously the ubiquitous 'Boxer' was in there too :)

But absolutely no mention of the job I do.

S

I noted that Helen Lewis’ solipsism was strongly on display there.

But anyway, not for the first time among such exercises, one of my top results was intelligence analyst. No wonder I enjoyed Homeland so much. Perhaps I’m destined to be a cyber spy.

No mention of boxer though. Ho hum.

Apparently I should be an actor or a copy editor.

I did it yesterday as a result of it being mentioned on the coronavirus thread and got the same results (actor, copy editor, commissioning editor). I am the least likely person on the planet to want to be an actor given I cross the street to avoid TV crews, hide from cameras in general and don’t even have a mirror in the house beyond a tiny one for shaving. I guess running this place requires some editorial perspective, and at least they pegged me as a ‘creative’, but really it is just utter bollocks. I can’t see what value we are meant to get from this as tax-payers. It clearly factors nothing in the way of education or job availability. I assume you just walk into the local Job Centre and demand a job as an actor or commissioning editor. There are bound to be loads...

Pretty accurate for me though obvs pushing education. I'm an IT guy.

Not sure what the actual ROI for the tool is for GOV - Stats I assume.

Education technician
Education technicians support science, art, IT or design and technology teachers by preparing equipment and materials for practical lessons.​

Not keen on the Salary estimate though :)

One of the 7 options was Government Service which was spot on; another was teaching which I would never countenance. All in all it worked quite well for me.

I’m a lifetime research scientist. Every personality or team skills assessment I’ve done (and my employer did loads) pegged me as a project manager with no artistic bent at all (I scored the lowest the assessor had ever seen for ‘artist’ on one test). My first recommendation...... travel industry!!

Apparently I should either design IT systems for companies or counsel people about sexually transmitted infections (I wonder which question made them point me in that direction?) Multi-talented or what? Maybe I could combine the two somehow.

I'm a teacher and it suggested I should be in...

Teaching and Education!!!!

Maybe I should lie!

Apparently I should either design IT systems for companies or counsel people about sexually transmitted infections (I wonder which question made them point me in that direction?) Multi-talented or what? Maybe I could combine the two somehow.

Counsel computers that have been infected with worms, trojans or viruses?

Wouldn't it be great to have a fake government website, where every person completing the questionnaire is advised that their ideal career (from Jan 2021 on) is fruit & veg picker. ;)

'Hospitality and food'. Nah. I can make a sandwich, but will just eat it myself. I guess the algorithms aren't sophisticated enough to cover 'Sitting around thinking'.

My top one came out as 'Creative & Media'. Probably near the bottom of my own list. 'Engineering and Maintenance' came 9th of 10, which is closest to what I do. Pretty much all of those from 2 to 8 are nothing I would consider, or think I might be good at.
Must be a quiz created by an Intern on a project.

Gorilla biologist or starship science officer.

The survey is useless!

Joe

It’s bollocks. I got a list of 10 possibilities, nearly all of which are things I’ve done, and hated, or are otherwise on my list of worst career options ever.

waht a load of nonsense - actor, carpet fitter, educator. My chosen career of polymath and internet troll wasnt mentioned.

advertisement

Back