advertisement

Build Back Better

Boris could have a role on the sequel of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
All he would need to do would be to play himself
When he has an extra head grafted on we will know that life is really imitating art.

I think we can see what they have in mind for the post-Covid settlement by looking at what they’re doing now. Landlords and finance shielded from disruption, most other sectors left to fend for themselves; Wild West approach to data; public institutions dismantled and assets sold off to already wealthy Tory acolytes; arts and culture gone, universities going; austerity on steroids; minorities exposed to the worst effects of poverty and disease, and systematically persecuted by the police and the Home Office; 24-7 culture war against (((metropolitan elites))), young people and black people.

The last 10 years, really, with all the worst aspects intensified 10-fold, especially the clientelism and corruption. All with a nice coating of White Heat of Technology bullshit.
The “post Covid world/ no going back” is a fantastic smoke screen for the S h1t they are about to heap on the public. It washes away the economic and political stain of Brexit through its sheer magnitude and of course Boris didn’t cause Covid, he had it thrust upon him -by nature. People will though initially be able to see the hit from Brexit in a few months as manufacturing packs up.
Boris isn’t a strategist, he’s gate keeper to the trough and my, how they’re having their fill. What’s he remembered for? Boris bike, Boris bus, Boris bridge ( fictitious). Narcissistic branding exercises like Trump.

The “post Covid world/ no going back” is a fantastic smoke screen for the S h1t they are about to heap on the public. It washes away the economic and political stain of Brexit through its sheer magnitude and of course Boris didn’t cause Covid, he had it thrust upon him -by nature. People will though initially be able to see the hit from Brexit in a few months as manufacturing packs up.
Boris isn’t a strategist, he’s gate keeper to the trough and my, how they’re having their fill. What’s he remembered for? Boris bike, Boris bus, Boris bridge ( fictitious). Narcissistic branding exercises like Trump.

Ah yes. The Boris Bus. New Routemaster. White Elephant. These are too long to operate in areas outside London. They are heavy, inefficient and unreliable. They're not even being used as intended; Conductor\Customer Service Assistant anyone?

The build quality is very poor compared to contemporary off the shelf designs like the Alexander Dennis Enviro 400H.

Unlike the ADL E400H, these vehicles aren't going to find homes post TfL Contracts. Nobody wants them. Loads of money was squandered sending examples to Hong Kong, The USA and Europe. To showcase state of the art UK Engineering.

What an embarrassment.

Ah yes. The Boris Bus. New Routemaster. White Elephant. These are too long to operate in areas outside London. They are heavy, inefficient and unreliable. They're not even being used as intended; Conductor\Customer Service Assistant anyone?

The build quality is very poor compared to contemporary off the shelf designs like the Alexander Dennis Enviro 400H.

Unlike the ADL E400H, these vehicles aren't going to find homes post TfL Contracts. Nobody wants them. Loads of money was squandered sending examples to Hong Kong, The USA and Europe. To showcase state of the art UK Engineering.

What an embarrassment.
They were also a sop to Norn Iron. The only use for them is getting Beckham to kick a football from the top deck, while Jimmy Page riffs Whole Lotta Love.

Ah, nostalgia. Remember 2012?

Bit late to this, but discussed the wind power ‘plan’ with someone who would need to make this possible. First it would need roughly one new wind turbine per week for the ten years, secondly, battery (or something else) energy storage roughly equivalent to two nuclear power stations needs to be built, and thirdly, money at least in the high tens of billions found. Not impossible, but a big ask.

My god - I like this thread! Feel like forming a government cabinet? Rather than the current ‘cabinet of Dr Caligari’ or the chamber of horrors?

Boris always promises things he clearly knows he cannot deliver just to big himself up .Highly unlikely there will be enough money in the pot for most of his statements . Also funny how he still looks over his shoulder for an approving cheer with nobody in the room !

Boris always promises things he clearly knows he cannot deliver just to big himself up .Highly unlikely there will be enough money in the pot for most of his statements . Also funny how he still looks over his shoulder for an approving cheer with nobody in the room !
Yes, it's another distraction.

"Johnson major, where is your Latin homework?!"

"Sir, I have been working on a far more exciting and valuable project to translate the entire works of Shakespeare into Latin. I expect to complete this by the end of term."

Perhaps he’s keeping a wary eye out for daggers.

It's difficult not to appear all 'tin foil hat' when discussing these topics with friends and colleagues. However, having exited a decade or two ago from a high-control religious cult I have been here before with the gaslighting/micromanaging/'misleading with words'/victim blaming/"for the good of..." approach that now appears to be present in most places. Overall, I am a just a little concerned that whatever 'reset' we may be faced with will not be pleasant and will indeed be something to challenge and resist. As previously noted on this thread, check the World Economic Forum web site for the kind of "ideas" that I just don't like reading about (e.g. CBDC's/central bank digital currency)

Every little helps. Helps every little. Little helps every. Helps little every.

Strictly come dancing. Dancing come strictly. Come dancing strictly. Dancing strictly come.

Could someone explain to me what 'gaslighting' is?

Strictly come dancing. Dancing come strictly. Come dancing strictly. Dancing strictly come.

What is gaslighting. Is gaslighting what. Gaslighting what is.

Something to do with matches and flatulence?

Harumph. For a millisecond, the merest idea of the thought of a 'Flounce' was entertained by what I laughingly call my 'mind'..

Hilariously it turns out this slogan is a total rip. First used as Building back better by the UN in 2015 and more recently in its current form by...the Joe Biden campaign.

advertisement

Back