advertisement

System Pics 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i had a B60 my favourite combo was ProAc, 1SC. Having owned the (new) SM100s for a few years (until going DIY) would imagine they'd be just the right speaker.
I have heard some 1SCs but under the impression most Proac models (exculding the Tablette 10) need to be placed away from the walls for ideal sound.

I never had an issue with the 1SCs (on R1 stands), they need about 30cm behind them. The SM100s are front ported so just 15-20cm behind them is ample.

I never had an issue with the 1SCs (on R1 stands), they need about 30cm behind them. The SM100s are front ported so just 15-20cm behind them is ample.
Due to the location ofthe door, I need to put them right up against the rear wall. The ATCs are around 10cm from the walls to account for the cables and acoustic panel.

The front ported Studio models I’ve had were fine in the office near side/back walls. The best sound was on R2 well out in a lounge but I have always been very pleased with them in the offices, currently using Cesti for a bit of variety but have kept the Studio 115 to go back in rather than sell until I get something like DB1.

End of year update. Gone from a Linn Akurate/0/D surround processor to the surround processor built into the Akurate Exakt DSM streamer/pre-amp and an Exaktbox10/1 Katalyst to feed centre, rears and sub with a full range signal. The box change is on the right hand source rack, second shelf down. Plus the rear Linn amps replaced with Lejonklou Tundra Stereo 2.0 to bring them in line with the front end amps.
Rear speakers changed from PMC Twenty.21 to Twenty.22
A pair of Boris Blank headphones added too.

20200302_145321%2B-%2BCopy.jpg

20190623_215406.jpg

That PT looks lovely

Thanks, yes it's in stunning condition, it's the only reason I considered it having read about the varied build quality on PT decks. I must say they aren't that bad!

Suspension adjusting is genius, doesn't get any easier to set up.

Love the gloss finish on that TT, very nice

Also like the look of the sideboard / unit they're sat on

When leaving for the Middle East in 2012 I packed up the Xerxes, CD player and stored them in the loft, just took a Squeezebox Touch and Benchmark DAC1 for streaming, since replaced with Weiss DAC202 and Auralic Aries Mini. Have been back for a year or so and only just got round to unpacking the TT, almost a decade since it last saw light. Setting up was fine, I'd bought the new blobs around that time, they were still in the packaging and now installed. New belt fitted and bearing oil replaced (ball bearing is in place). Motor was doing some funny things, even got it to go in reverse at one point, I think it was interference from power cables as did some re-arranging and running fine now. The DV-20X was still on the arm but knackered, since replaced with AT-OC9 after a quick discussion on here. Sounding very good, it's a lovely deck, less than 2mm sag - lucky me. Rest of the system is NAC102 modified by Avondale and a pair of their M130s into Shahinian Arcs.

y4mm2chzEdbzMbEzjNW_a3BrRYMhgkaHt3RiDk8U7Ab8HG0BNgpp0vX3l0dVh4-M8FFprSuvxNQ2WLUriH8WUKu1MHYj9vQvD-5RppFhnyJtLq371br0L5bnJmvyjcVrpwLBAKDZ-EkN77tosKlyPG6K0ubJeEIuovojCUnrfutJMJZ-cm2xwrj6Y3I89nXc1i6_XNDN2j_XtutMVqEvhk1aA

y4m3mDHZHtrFszxuh9yUZj0aVnbqG7qItzeiBUKOtBqWemdulQkWeO77AxOgZNrABZyfOEhhBxfNlRNfVEmmztNEb3Az6bpF_iAqXdSzjprhyfCbeJ_sUyHKA2ycsbSUTrrHXIyuosaZh5qX43sCNh2SuAqV-cVpAidy4VD8b6gQsVRp4VpgyIzyTUjyTdRse4du0MUhgeNiyVYUdKB25zHdw

When leaving for the Middle East in 2012 I packed up the Xerxes, CD player and stored them in the loft, just took a Squeezebox Touch and Benchmark DAC1 for streaming, since replaced with Weiss DAC202 and Auralic Aries Mini. Have been back for a year or so and only just got round to unpacking the TT, almost a decade since it last saw light. Setting up was fine, I'd bought the new blobs around that time, they were still in the packaging and now installed. New belt fitted and bearing oil replaced (ball bearing is in place). Motor was doing some funny things, even got it to go in reverse at one point, I think it was interference from power cables as did some re-arranging and running fine now. The DV-20X was still on the arm but knackered, since replaced with AT-OC9 after a quick discussion on here. Sounding very good, it's a lovely deck, less than 2mm sag - lucky me. Rest of the system is NAC102 modified by Avondale and a pair of their M130s into Shahinian Arcs.

y4mm2chzEdbzMbEzjNW_a3BrRYMhgkaHt3RiDk8U7Ab8HG0BNgpp0vX3l0dVh4-M8FFprSuvxNQ2WLUriH8WUKu1MHYj9vQvD-5RppFhnyJtLq371br0L5bnJmvyjcVrpwLBAKDZ-EkN77tosKlyPG6K0ubJeEIuovojCUnrfutJMJZ-cm2xwrj6Y3I89nXc1i6_XNDN2j_XtutMVqEvhk1aA

y4m3mDHZHtrFszxuh9yUZj0aVnbqG7qItzeiBUKOtBqWemdulQkWeO77AxOgZNrABZyfOEhhBxfNlRNfVEmmztNEb3Az6bpF_iAqXdSzjprhyfCbeJ_sUyHKA2ycsbSUTrrHXIyuosaZh5qX43sCNh2SuAqV-cVpAidy4VD8b6gQsVRp4VpgyIzyTUjyTdRse4du0MUhgeNiyVYUdKB25zHdw

Nice system, probably quite versatile over many types of music I would think.

Which phono boards have you got in the 102? Also you seem to have 2 Avondale TPX1s there, are they both hooked up to the 102?

Also you should know better by now than to post a snap with a mysterious picture on the wall without saying what it is :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back