advertisement

Achtung Spitfire!

Thank you, that was incredible :):):) I'd absolutely love to have been there.

It also shows that the Spitfire wasn't just beautiful, it flew like it looked in a way no other aircraft before or since has managed. Possibly the closest we'll ever come to a swift or a swallow.

Just watched the documentary. So much beautiful air to air footage. A Spitfire always looks good.

The programme didn't over romanticise the role played by Spitfires. It covered the major marks very well.

The NHS Thank You flight is due over our local hospital tomorrow morning. We will try to catch it as the hospital is only 10 mins walk away.

Really enjoyed watching that. As said above, beautifully shot and produced. Used to love building models of the Spitfire as a kid, stopping on the Griffin engined bubble canopy mark 20 something when my eyesight suddenly couldn’t cope with painting the fine details.

I was raised overlooking the RR airfield at Watnall.. where Hardy Kruger tried to pinch a Spit in 'The One That Got Away'

Someone flew a Spit over there until quite recently..

Like others.. I love the noise.

There's a spitfire flypast here today in Scotland, it's to thank the NHS so the spitfire is flying over all of the hospitals in Scotland, it's due here or near me at about 1.20pm when it flies over Hairmyres Hospital in East Kilbride.

I occasionally see Spitfires leaving Biggin Hill for a trip to the White Cliffs of Dover. For about £6k you can hire a seat in the Spitfire whilst friends and family video you from a Cessna.
The Cessna flies ahead of the Spitfire at top speed. The Spitfire travels behind at just enough kph above stall speed!

I see the Spitfire most days during the summer (saw it yesterday, but not heard it today) as it flies directly over where I work en route to Beachy Head. I love watching it as it passes over. The other week the pilot must have noticed me stopping and turning around to view it as I was walking back to work during lunch. He dipped the right wing about a foot or so and carried straight on. I like to think it was an hello :)

There's a spitfire flypast here today in Scotland, it's to thank the NHS so the spitfire is flying over all of the hospitals in Scotland, it's due here or near me at about 1.20pm when it flies over Hairmyres Hospital in East Kilbride.

It flew up the east coast leaving Cumberland at 10.00 passing over Dr Gray's in Elgin at 11.08 heading to Inverness to refuel. The scheduled departure from Inverness was 13.30. I think the plan changed because of poor weather yesterday.

I failed totally in my attempts to take a photo as it went over Elgin.

It flew up the east coast leaving Cumberland at 10.00 passing over Dr Gray's in Elgin at 11.08 heading to Inverness to refuel. The scheduled departure from Inverness was 13.30. I think the plan changed because of poor weather yesterday.

I failed totally in my attempts to take a photo as it went over Elgin.

I missed it I was looking out for the flight but couldn't hear anything, one of my wife's workmates managed photos at the QE hospital in Govan, apparently the spitfire was tiny.

advertisement

Back