advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... V

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a number of articles in the Irish Times today/yesterday suggesting that the EU have moved on to more pressing items and have come to the conclusion the UK do not want a deal. It seems they are prepared to let the UK politicians play big boys in their own pond and thrash around with their bill/law breaking. Attitudes are hardening but they will remain ready to complete the deal as agreed. In some ways it makes sense to let BJ and his mob fart around for a few more months wasting more time and making themselves look more ridiculous. I just wish Ireland and NI could be taking out of the firing line. Some of the headlines below.

EU will ‘never backtrack’ on UK withdrawal deal, says von der Leyen

‘Trumpite’ Boris Johnson wants EU to fail, former British diplomat says

In the UK, a UK/EU border and breaching of the GFA would be seen as the EU's fault.

I suspect the rest of the world (apart from Trump and a few tinpot dictatorships) will know exactly who is to blame for the situation.

Stephen

Johnson is threatening ‘formidable tariffs on EU imports into Britain’. Prepare for the Brexit Island macrobiotic diet then.

tmJgVu9.jpg

Is ‘formidable tariffs’ what’s left of his oven-ready deal? I’m guessing they under cooked it, and now everybody’s got diarrhoea.

Meanwhile a bouffanted lizard flicks its tongue on the green benches-

https://twitter.com/fr4ser/status/1306237705123225601?s=21

It's a gift to Scottish independence. In fact, the SNP should announce that since Westminster has voted to break international law Holyrood no longer recognise their authority and are going straight ahead with an independence referendum.

You could say they'd be breaking the law in a very specific and limited way...

Even when tenderd, the work still goes to the Tory Party’s pals.

I see ‘alternative arrangements’ is back. It’ll solve the British border in in the island of Ireland in ‘three years’, apparently.

Stephen

In the UK, a UK/EU border and breaching of the GFA would be seen as the EU's fault.

I suspect the rest of the world (apart from Trump and a few tinpot dictatorships) will know exactly who is to blame for the situation.

Stephen

Rather like the lie they are currently running that the EU threatened some sort of blockade of NI. The “blockade” remark was made up by the idiot Frost and repeated by Johnson after a meeting with Barnier. At that meeting, Barnier had reminded him that the UK needed to be a “listed” reliable food exporter, with sufficient checks made on food standards. That system, incidentally, is one the UK was the prime designer of.

Johnson would be better advised to ensure we achieved that listing instead of breaking international law in a contrived "retaliation".

Such goons.

Stephen

Yes it seems Dommy Rabb is explaining to Mike Pompeo that the EU are politicizing the Good Friday Agreement. He didn't go any further and explain that the GFA is just a little local arrangement between neighbours. This man is a spectacular performer. He is well know for his intense knowledge of the Dover/Calais port route so any utterances from him carry a lot of gravitas.

All this is playing out as a lot of 'hard' remainers explained numerous times over the last 4 years. Still never mind an oven ready deal is there to be grasped by hungry EU states very shortly.

Joe Biden,

“We can’t allow the Good Friday Agreement that brought peace to Northern Ireland to become a casualty of Brexit. Any trade deal between the U.S. and U.K. must be contingent upon respect for the Agreement and preventing the return of a hard border. Period”.

Joe Biden,

“We can’t allow the Good Friday Agreement that brought peace to Northern Ireland to become a casualty of Brexit. Any trade deal between the U.S. and U.K. must be contingent upon respect for the Agreement and preventing the return of a hard border. Period”.

Let's hope he wins.

If he does, I suspect a rapid about-turn from Johnson regarding the WA conditions.

Problem is, the bill will have passed and the EU will demand more concessions and obligations in any trade relationship.

That, of course, may cause issues with any US trade deal.

They know they can't trust Johnson.

I wonder if Cummings' is having a word with his Russian pals?

Stephen

If he does, I suspect a rapid about-turn from Johnson regarding the WA conditions.

Problem is, the bill will have passed and the EU will demand more concessions and obligations in any trade relationship.

That, of course, may cause issues with any US trade deal.

They know they can't trust Johnson.

I wonder if Cummings' is having a word with his Russian pals?

Stephen

I'm sure someone's Putin a word Stephen.

Look on the bright side: we are watching history unfold in front of our eyes as the UK and USA become untrustworthy, second-rate nationalist shit-stirrers with failing health systems.

Look on the bright side: we are watching history unfold in front of our eyes as the UK and USA become untrustworthy, second-rate nationalist shit-stirrers with failing health systems.
Agree, both Johnson and Trump are destroying the international standing of their countries and sowing division and mistrust within.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back