advertisement

Dac needed that will fit 200Wx70Hx240D (mm)

molee

pfm Member
Hi all, some people buy their dacs based on sound quality, some on features and some apply an equation that also factors in price, aesthetics and a few other things.
I need a dac that will fit within the dimensions shown in the title. I will be rooting round the net to work something out but if anyone could have a measure up and let me know if theirs fits the bill (with a comment on what they think of it) then I would be hugely, if not eternally, grateful.
Digital music isn't really a priority (I'm 80/20 vinyl/cd atm) so making do with a Cambridge Audio Dacmagic. Something that vaguely improves on that would be quite adequate.

Thank you Gervais, I'll have a look. I should add that it would be going into an enclosure (to block out the blue lights etc) so shouldn't have a volume knob protruding. A headphone socket would be OK though>

Maybe put the DAC funds towards a player with a decent DAC and connectivity?

Yeah, makes sense but I am happy enough with the Planet. Would only go with a Saturn R but that would be a bit much. I made up a pair of enclosures with some lovely flame walnut veneer-one houses the phono stage (thus blocking the red light), it would be wrong not to use the other.

Schiit Modi 3: it’s 5 inches wide x 3.5 inches deep x 1.25 inches wide, or 127mm x 89mm x 32mm.

advertisement

Back