advertisement

Building the Ergo E-IX mini-monitor loudspeaker system

Malaysian food is just absolutely divine. So are the durians.

young-tree-1-scaled.jpg

Panels mainly cut, I'll do the baffles today.

How many of you that are building the kits up intend to use grilles? The panels are cut in such a way that you can either recess the front baffle of have it flush to the front. If you are going to go with recessed grilles then I need to cut the fillets to hold your baffle in the correct place while the glue dries up.

As you know I don't supply grilles and suggest you cut speaker grill foam and insert that, Monacor sell foam so wherever you are in the world you should have access.

@Mike Hanson as I am building yours for you would you like your baffle flush or recessed?

I have cut an extra pair of cabinets so if and of you guys who just wanted components also would like a cabinet kit, let me know.

I don't know: flush or recessed, what do you recommend...? Maybe for me best would be to have it so that it also looks good without grilles...?

All of the ones I have so far built have been without grilles and that is what is pictured on my site and further up the thread here.

I typically have speakers with grills, but I think I'll do these without, thanks. :)
Even though the wave-guide on the tweeter reduces the diffractive effects of surface discontinuities, having a grille will still have some deleterious impact on the sound. So, if you can put up with the look of naked drivers, grille-less is the way to go. You might just need to dust/vacuum the slightly sticky woofer more often.

advertisement

Back