advertisement

Poll: will you take the NHS Covid vaccine if offered it?

Will you take the vaccine if offered to you by the NHS?

• Yes

Votes: 176 83.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 17.0%

• Total voters
According to AgeUK "An average of 8,000 people die from flu in England each year".

According to worldometer there have been 41,637 Covid19 deaths in the UK so far this year and we're still in mid September and with special contention measures in place but no vaccine.

UK Department of Health estimates 17,000 average flu deaths per annum in recent years, so statistics, as always, seem to vary greatly.
"Covid deaths" seems to mean deaths where Covid was present, but not necessarily the cause of death.
Did you watch the link I posted ? I felt the data was presented in a pragmatic way.

UK Department of Health estimates 17,000 average flu deaths per annum in recent years, so statistics, as always, seem to vary greatly.
"Covid deaths" seems to mean deaths where Covid was present, but not necessarily the cause of death.
Did you watch the link I posted ? I felt the data was presented in a pragmatic way.
It is estimated we currently have around 60,000 Covid related deaths in the UK. This before we enter the dark days in a couple of months of the dreaded second wave, which could see off as many as 85,000 in 3 months in a recent worst case scenario prediction by sage.

Some in this country need to wake up to what this is, this isn't some flu bug which kills your granny, this is sars on steroids.

What does vaporising CBD mean?

The situation in Portland in terms of air pollution seems appalling. It has got the worst quality of air in the world at the moment, I think.

I've got some friends who live in Portland, although I've never been. The current pollution and the BLM demos means it has been in for a really heavy time in the last few months.

Jack

I put CBD only cannabis (no THC) in a dynavap vaporiser. About 0.05g once or twice a day.

There are air quality monitoring stations here, I think they measure micrograms of PM2.5 particles per cubic metre of air. The scale goes up to 500 - above 300 is the hazardous end of the scale above unhealthy and very unhealthy. It's been over 500 for most of the last week.

I lived in Portland once before on 07-08. It was much more fun that time around.

I put CBD only cannabis (no THC) in a dynavap vaporiser. About 0.05g once or twice a day.

There are air quality monitoring stations here, I think they measure micrograms of PM2.5 particles per cubic metre of air. The scale goes up to 500 - above 300 is the hazardous end of the scale above unhealthy and very unhealthy. It's been over 500 for most of the last week.

I lived in Portland once before on 07-08. It was much more fun that time around.

The air quality sounds really scary. I wondered about the CBD reference. I use caps, or oil, sometimes. It helps to chill me out and because there's no psychoactive THC in it I don't get scarily stoned. It's good to hear that it's helping you.

Jack

The point of my post was merely that despite having certain illnesses it's not an immediate death sentence, the 'just saying' was to highlight it was in part jest.
I'm also not passing up the the vaccine, but i will do given the chance until it's been proven to be safe after a couple of years if possible - is this not sensible. I'm very fit, i don't see why i should compromise that by putting something in my body that i am uncertain about.

The point of my post was merely that despite having certain illnesses it's not an immediate death sentence, the 'just saying' was to highlight it was in part jest.
I'm also not passing up the the vaccine, but i will do given the chance until it's been proven to be safe after a couple of years if possible - is this not sensible. I'm very fit, i don't see why i should compromise that by putting something in my body that i am uncertain about.
The first British guy to contact Covid in Wuhan is well documented. A 27 year old who kept fit & was in peak condition. It nearly finished him off so i wouldn't presume anything with this virus.

I suppose it depends on whether you want the needle or the possibility of the ventilator. Not to mention having it will protect your family, friends & colleagues.

Hmmm... That's exactly how I felt.

When I caught it I was 43, in good physical condition from exercise and hadn't had more than the odd cold for about ten years.

I got sick enough that one day while contemplating how difficult and shallow my breathing had become, I wondered if I was going to stop completely. I was too delirious at the time to realise I should probably have called an ambulance. Six months on I still have lung and stomach problems.

Certainly food for thought. Cheers.

Hope you make quick and full recovery too btw

The first British guy to contact Covid in Wuhan is well documented. A 27 year old who kept fit & was in peak condition. It nearly finished him off so i wouldn't presume anything with this virus.

I suppose it depends on whether you want the needle or the possibility of the ventilator. Not to mention having it will protect your family, friends & colleagues.

How do you know he was in peak health, because he kept fit by exercise?
FWIW, if I went to the docs, in fact when I go for company medicals I have been and still am told my fitness is on par with a peak 20 odd year old athlete. Usually sit at 9% BF, resting HR of just over 40, etc, blah blah.
I decided a few years ago to get a full set of bloods privately and was surprised to find I was deficient in a couple of areas. Vit D was one. Now I work in the sun, I'm a cyclist and I pretty much wear shorts and t-shirts all the time as well as a diet that includes a lot of it so the doc was surprised at this. I left things as were and retested 6 months later, still the same, so I started supplementing it. Took a year, but I got it back to decent levels. So just because someone runs a marathon a day does not mean anything if your bloods are off.
Also, what's the efficacy of the flu jab?
Useless in the over 75's, I think at best it's been over 50% at best 3 times in the last 10 years and it gets less so as the weeks go by.
So why do you think this Cov19 jab will be some miracle that they are pushing through?
Maybe look after yourself a bit better and stop relying or preying for this miracle cure.
I take responsibility for my health and it is a purely selfish thing, however, in doing so I keep myself away from the GP, saving the NHS money and freeing up a space for someone that actually needs it through no fault of their own.

So why do you think this Cov19 jab will be some miracle that they are pushing through?
Maybe look after yourself a bit better and stop relying or preying for this miracle cure.
There will be no miracle cure for Covid. A vaccine, if & when released should protect for 12 months at the very least. Most dying are in the 50 to 60 range so at 53 i would certainly prefer this than hoping my fitness will protect me. It won't, nothing will protect you against Covid, only a fully tested vaccine will do this.

There will be no miracle cure for Covid. A vaccine, if & when released should protect for 12 months at the very least. Most dying are in the 50 to 60 range so at 53 i would certainly prefer this than hoping my fitness will protect me. It won't, nothing will protect you against Covid, only a fully tested vaccine will do this.

I'm not trying to troll, but being fit and being healthy are 2 different things. I mentioned my Vit d levels being shot. It's been suggested that Vit d levels can be a massive help in protecting against the virus, but it helps against a lot of things, hence why I sorted it out a few years ago.
You mention the vaccine protecting you for 12 months, where does it say that? They haven't managed that with the flu vax?
It's those things you have mentioned that I want solid evidence for. If you are sick or infirm, I get it, get whatever may help your cause. If you are 'healthy' with no concerns, I think I would rather wait a couple of years til there is a fair bit of evidence that it is both safe and effective

You do that every day of the week. At least it will have been thoroughly tested. Far more than most things you ingest.

advertisement

Back