advertisement

Labour Leader: Keir Starmer II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to PMQ’s. Will Starmer lay into Johnson over his theft of public money to fund dormant companies and religious sects? Or will he instead expose Hancock’s lies over track and trace? Or expose the corruption of the £364m given to friends of the Tory party for 432,000 coveralls (£842.60 per overall)?

Should be fun.
It’s going to be all about the government’s incompetent management, when the problem is the policies and systems that they’re managing, which Starmer supported. And some gotchas about Johnson once saying something different to what he’s saying now. The pundits will be ecstatic at the sheer number of traps he’s brilliantly dodged by saying and doing nothing of any substance.

I hope I’m wrong, but I suspect Starmer’s attack lines will not stray beyond those already used by the Daily Mail.

Starmer mentioned how much he supported the government several times and in return got Johnson in full blithering and bluster mode accusing Starmer of blaming the NHS and of being in league with anarchists. Starmer had no answer.

Ian Blackford called Johnson out for being a liar.

Time for me to move to Scotland

Keir Starmer has covid 19 symptoms so won’t be able to sit on the fence in the Withdrawal Agreement debate (BBC).
It’s not him with the symptoms, he’s self-isolating as a member of his household has symptoms and has been tested. I did wonder why Ed Miliband was on Today, this morning. That may explain it.

Radio 4 this evening was the first time I’ve heard anything in the mainstream media that links Boris Johnson’s breech of international law over this agreement with his pre election promise that he had an oven ready deal. Either he was lying to the public when he said he has a deal in place before the general election, or he didn’t understand what he’d agreed to. Either way, this is not just about international law, this is also about home grown democracy

And it was a Tory that said it.

Just watching the shambles on Sky now and Johnson’s body language whilst Milliband ripped him a new one for breaking international law was astonishing. A lifetime of privilege, unimaginable luxury and zero accountability or respect for the law encapsulated in a slouching pouting petulant dickhead. It is astonishing just how far down the shitter the UK has spiralled in the past decade. Britain Trump is Britain Trump.

It’s worth watching the exchange:

Not a source I know, but it was the longest clip I could find on YouTube. Johnson’s body language really does say it all. A lazy lying zero-talent bully who has got away with it for a lifetime purely due to exceptional family wealth.

Isn’t Johnson essentially slagging off his own oven ready deal?

Yes, but no one expects anything better from him. He’s too lazy to do anything but burp up three-word soundbites, bask in the spotlight and cash the cheques. No way in hell did he ever read it. The whole thing is a joke to him, he can just sod off to Monaco or wherever once it all goes wrong. The whole thing strikes me as the typical Bullingdon Club night out of smashing up a restaurant, setting light to a couple of £50s in front of a homeless guy and then buggering off back to a life of privilege without any responsibility. It is his whole culture/the whole Tory party culture now all moderates have been purged. An oligarch kleptocracy, and yet still people like him...

Maybe Darius Guppy can be rehabilitated- given a role by Dido in thieving public money.

g9SYRij.jpg

The frustrating thing is that even if he goes another equally repellent reptile will take his place & there is sod all we can do about it.

It’s worth watching the exchange:

Not a source I know, but it was the longest clip I could find on YouTube. Johnson’s body language really does say it all. A lazy lying zero-talent bully who has got away with it for a lifetime purely due to exceptional family wealth.
It's one of the great "might have beens" in recent political history: where would the country be now if Ed Milliband had gone with his gut, and refused to listen to the likes of Ed Balls?

Milliband clearly wanted to take the party further to the (soft) left but was discouraged from doing so by the old guard, and frequently briefed against by them (a more subtle version of their aggressive sabotage of Corbyn). As a result the 2015 manifesto was a tepid mess that failed to excite the electorate, Cameron limped to a small majority, and the rest is history.

I'm not saying we'd be in great shape if Ed Milliband had formed a government in 2015 with a manifesto he really believed in, but we would have been spared Theresa May's coalition of chaos, and Boris Johnson's amoral kleptocracy.

I liked Ed. To be honest I suspect his issue was a) he’s a geek (a good thing obviously) and b) he has a bit of a speech impediment. Sadly that’s enough to be crucified by the UK right-wing press.

He always struck me as an intelligent, decent and genuine bloke with a great sense of humour. I preferred him to his brother, but he was never going to get beyond the aforementioned stumbling blocks. Basically the Tories can lie to the Queen, break parliamentary and international law, and divert hundreds of £millions into their/their donors pockets in actions of staggeringly blatant corruption, even send black folk who have lived here for decades away to die abroad, but Ed Milliband can’t eat a sandwich properly, so he was done for...

He had way, way more spine and integrity than Corbyn.

Starmer's sitting back and letting them stew in their own gammony juices on Brexit;) It's his only real option and the Tories have been good enough to hand it to him on a plate anyway so it would be rude not to:D

I liked Ed. To be honest I suspect his issue was a) he’s a geek (a good thing obviously) and b) he has a bit of a speech impediment. Sadly that’s enough to be crucified by the UK right-wing press.

He always struck me as an intelligent, decent and genuine bloke with a great sense of humour. I preferred him to his brother, but he was never going to get beyond the aforementioned stumbling blocks. Basically the Tories can lie to the Queen, break parliamentary and international law, and divert hundreds of £millions into their/their donors pockets in actions of staggeringly blatant corruption, even send black folk who have lived here for decades away to die abroad, but Ed Milliband can’t eat a sandwich properly, so he was done for...

He had way, way more spine and integrity than Corbyn.
He obviously didn’t, as he himself admitted after the 2017 GE.

Ed’s problem wasn’t that he was a geek or whatever, it was that he was slightly left wing. He did his best to rein it in, but it wasn’t enough to satisfy the press, so they absolutely monstered him, as they did Brown, and will Starmer, unless he goes full Blair. Probably will even if he does go full Blair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back