advertisement

Poll: will you take the NHS Covid vaccine if offered it?

Will you take the vaccine if offered to you by the NHS?

• Yes

Votes: 176 83.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 17.0%

• Total voters
It's impossible to answer 'No' to this without sounding like a complete swivel-eyed, mouth breathing conspiracy drongo.

I'll just qualify it with adding that if it's absolutely cast iron safe and been done properly then yes, of course.

Eventually. But will leave the first wave for the elderly and vulnerable.

Not being altruistic here, but having had Covid in April, I’m working on an assumption of immunity for at least 6-12 months. I know this is untested, but as a working model, it suits me. Also, Mrs P-T has very recently had a positive antibody test, so I’m content to assume I have a similar response, given that our experience of Covid was very similar.

Is that the polite way of saying "I'll see if the vaccine turns half the population into mutants before I give it the thumbs up" ? :D

Voted no.So far refused my flu jab for this year also.I used to believe a lot stronger in immunisation jabs - that has now changed.

FWIW I refused my flu jab this year too as I view the health centre too high a risk for covid 19. It is just not somewhere I wish to visit at the height of a global pandemic unless I really have to. As I’m in total isolation/a ‘bubble’ of one I figured it is highly unlikely I’ll catch the flu anyway. That is the only legitimate reason I can think of for refusing one, everything else is David Icke/Trump-grade dick-headery IMHO.

I very much doubt I would take it myself. I'm 40, in good physical condition from exercise, drink a little too much but don't really get sick.

Hmmm... That's exactly how I felt.

When I caught it I was 43, in good physical condition from exercise and hadn't had more than the odd cold for about ten years.

I got sick enough that one day while contemplating how difficult and shallow my breathing had become, I wondered if I was going to stop completely. I was too delirious at the time to realise I should probably have called an ambulance. Six months on I still have lung and stomach problems.

When I caught it I was 43, in good physical condition from exercise and hadn't had more than the odd cold for about ten years.

I got sick enough that one day while contemplating how difficult and shallow my breathing had become, I wondered if I was going to stop completely. I was too delirious at the time to realise I should probably have called an ambulance. Six months on I still have lung and stomach problems.
Sorry to hear that. I hope that over time we learn more about improving the recovery from this to help you.

Same, 46.

FWIW I refused my flu jab this year too as I view the health centre too high a risk for covid 19. It is just not somewhere I wish to visit at the height of a global pandemic unless I really have to. As I’m in total isolation/a ‘bubble’ of one I figured it is highly unlikely I’ll catch the flu anyway. That is the only legitimate reason I can think of for refusing one, everything else is David Icke/Trump-grade dick-headery IMHO.
Not that I think this post is directed specifically toward me, but just to clarify that with my concern over the appearance of a vaccination in a previously unheard of short space of time also comes the understanding I now don’t go to pubs, restaurants, beaches, holiday or anywhere else where I would mix with other people. Regardless of govt attempts to get people out and about I will not be joining in. Despite the general opinion here, I’m not stupid nor prone to Icke/Trump(Doris) dick-headery.

Anyone eager to grab at a vaccine should it appear in a fraction of the usual timescale should perhaps read about smallpox, since smallpox was mentioned earlier, and how long it took to be eradicated.

Is that the polite way of saying "I'll see if the vaccine turns half the population into mutants before I give it the thumbs up" ? :D
:D:D It isn't, but if there's to be a consequent zombie apocalypse, I would prefer the chance to work through my Brexit stores of fayne wayne and single malt before succumbing so yes, there's a secondary benefit to my altrusim.

As a bloke of 66 years, I'm more than a bit interested in details of symptoms from as many sources as possible; I assume you were tested? What were / are your lung and stomach problems?

This. Covid isn't a binary you live or you die situation. There's plenty of evidence emerged of long term organ damage in survivors, for which the long term effects are unknown. The vaccine will have been rushed, and may be marginally less safe than other vaccines, but I'm willing to bet that catching COVID will still be much riskier than getting the vaccine.

Cuba - hope your health continues to improve and you don't suffer any really long term problems.

Perhaps we should train some army snipers to shoot people with the vaccination in a similar manner to how they tranquilize dangerous wild animals. You're walking along the street in a safe, socially distanced manner when all of a sudden, woosh and you've been vaccinated from over 100 yds away. You never even saw it coming.

Perhaps we should train some army snipers to shoot people with the vaccination in a similar manner to how they tranquilize dangerous wild animals. You're walking along the street in a safe, socially distanced manner when all of a sudden, woosh and you've been vaccinated from over 100 yds away. You never even saw it coming.
Doesn't seem cost-effective. Maybe we can genetically engineer some mosquitoes to deliver the vaccine.

advertisement

Back