advertisement

Poll: will you take the NHS Covid vaccine if offered it?

Will you take the vaccine if offered to you by the NHS?

• Yes

Votes: 176 83.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 17.0%

• Total voters
Alan Palmer is the author of the more than 500-page report in RCook's link. I don't have time to read it, but I found a short video of him on the interwebz.

He talks about the link between alumin(i)um exposure and Alzheimer's at ~6:15. According to Alan Palmer the link is well established.

This is the Alzheimer Society's take on it from https://alzheimer.ca/en/Home/About-dementia/Alzheimer-s-disease/Risk-factors/Aluminum

-----

Is there a connection between aluminum and the development of dementia?

Aluminum has been studied for over 40 years as a substance that might be linked to dementia. However, there have been many conflicting findings.
  • Some studies show increased levels of trace elements of aluminum in the brains of people with dementia, while others do not.

• Studies have not found an increased incidence of dementia in people with occupational exposure to aluminum.

• Tea is one of the few plants whose leaves accumulate larger trace element amounts of aluminum that can seep into the brewed beverage. However, there is no evidence that dementia is more prevalent in cultures that typically drink large amounts of tea.

• Unfortunately, earlier animal studies focused on one animal that is particularly susceptible to aluminum poisoning, which has led to incorrect conclusions about the general effects of aluminum on the body.

Current research provides no convincing evidence that exposure to trace elements of aluminum is connected to the development of dementia.

-----

If alumin(i)um is strong a strong risk factor for Alzheimer's I'd expect it to be epidemic in populations near alumin(i)um smelters. The evidence, however,...

To be honest, I'd be more concerned about exposure to heavy metal, bands such as Poison and White Snake. That causes serious often irreparable damage.

Joe

P.S. He mostly side stepped the audience question (~1:15) about 5G and contrails, but that ought to give some insight into the people who lap this up uncritically.

I'm not eligible for NHS treatment, but will be getting the covid vax here in the US when it's available. A new vaccination is not without risk, but then neither is COVID!!

You will have lifetime immunity from it now, that is how human immune systems work.
Once you have immunity to a disease you have immunity for life, which is why booster shots aren't needed

I wonder why i have an annual flu vaccine, i wonder why Meningococcal vaccine needs repeating every so often. Why do i get the common cold repeatedly?

There is little scientific evidence for lifetime immunity (it just hasnt been around for long enough) for CV19 after having it.

I want to know why he is even asking the question? How is it interesting?
Indeed it isnt really. Fried eggs are way more interesting.

Personally i think PFM should ban all CV19 threads and politics threads, like some other fora i know.

Provided it has been approved to normal standards, the only reasons not to take a vaccine are:

You’ve had Covid within the last year
You are in a very high risk group that might suffer side effects (Eg severe immune system deficiency) or have a terminal illness.

Otherwise you are very stupid, have mental health issues or are extremely suggestible to lies peddled by idiots and bad actors.

No nuance in this discussion. Anti vaxxers are dangerous idiots who endanger everybody’s health.

I’m astonished/horrified that here on a site I’d expect to be reasonably intelligent/successful given how much free cash we have to throw at hi-fi, records etc that 13% of people would reject a vaccine. I obviously need to make the site sign-up questions rather harder...!

i am astonished at the whole thread

Gin,

Try reading my entire post again as though it were ironic, especially the no, wait bit. If that doesn't work, try lemon juice.

Joe

i have done three time now - and i see no sense of irony in it at all. Maybe try using some emoticons to show intonation.....

Gin,

Maybe on the fourth time it'll become clear.

Joe

Watch out ... irony ahead.

Once you have immunity to a disease you have immunity for life, which is why booster shots aren't needed and why someone who's had chickenpox as a kid can't get shingles as an adult.

[insert emoticons here: :confused::cool::D:p:eek::oops::rolleyes::D:mad:;) ]

No, wait...

The irony has happened.

Joe

I've been having the flu jab for several years; never had flu, or any adverse side-effects. I'll be grabbing the Covid jab as soon as it's available, elbowing others out of the way if need be.

advertisement

Back