advertisement

What no cricket thread ?

Ian Bell announces retirement at end of this season. Easily one of the best players I’ve seen bat (and I’ve seen a few). Saw him score 150+ v India - a particular highlight.

I think I enjoyed watching Ian Bell bat more than anyone else in the long form of the game. A career to be proud of, and good on him for choosing to retire because he couldn't meet his own standards.

I'm finding this new fangled background sound effects thing the broadcasters are using quite bloody distracting.

Same thing repeated over and over again every 2 minutes.

It's on a loop on the Sky commentary and it's exactly the same thing on the BBC radio commentary

Once you tune into that gurgling laughing baby thing in the background you can't unhear it!

Awful idea.

The idea of having back ground murmur dubbed on has the potential to work well for cricket but the implementation of the same 2 minute loop all bloody summer is awful.

OK I've given up with England v Australia. Bowling? We aren't very good in comparison.

Meanwhile. Yorkshire are playing Leicestershire in a T20 with 11 overs still to go.

It's quart to nine at night

WTF is bad light all about in a test match?

I just don't geddit.

Think England need to look at a couple of their players, just not performing.

England think they have good bowlers, did you see the Australian bowlers, what were the bowling, missiles, wow can they bowl.

Very lucky two batsmen came on form for England otherwise it would have been all out for less than 120.

Could have been very interesting by now if England had taken their runout opportunity as well as OZ took theirs.

Had to watch this afternoon with the sound off. That gurgling laughing baby sound effect was doing my nut it. Every 75 seconds today (yes I got that obsessed with it!)

Like some sort of evil Chucky monster.

Totally ruined the coverage.

advertisement

Back