advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I should have put LIKE in inverted commas. I respect the power of photography in reporting events. Still photography can convey a message more powerfully than moving images.

In the context of this forum the "like" button is a very crude tool and I don't think it is always the best way to respond to posts.

Reflections on the Fal river:

50331069478_55881fbbcf_b.jpg

50331750066_06b8c95d25_b.jpg

Back to Cwmorthin and Rhosydd yesterday, windy was an understatement, at times at Rhosydd it was near impossible to stand up! Hat blew away and landed 50m away in the river exit from the main Cwmorthin Lake :eek: Fortunately with the aid of walking poles it could be fished out, drying it out hanging on the back of my rucksack, caught it on the latch of a gate, and broke the strap, obviously destined not to have it :D Far too windy to use the GSW690III so you'll have to make do with some snaps from the X-H1

Cwmorthin - View From Barracks
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Rhosydd - The Stream From The Adit

200911 Rhosydd

These are excellent, David, I particularly like the second. I'm more used to seeing these locations in fairly gritty B&W (and sometimes gritty colour), but these muted tones are lovely, and very atmospheric.

These are excellent, David, I particularly like the second. I'm more used to seeing these locations in fairly gritty B&W (and sometimes gritty colour), but these muted tones are lovely, and very atmospheric.

Thanks, sometimes mono is good, but other times the slate gets lost in the background, I’m definitely having a good year colour wise, an a lot happier with my colour processing, lockdown helped hear as I experimented a lot to determine what I liked and didn’t like!!!

Interestingly these have had very little processing!!

More smoky atmosphere pics from my locale in the Pacific North West at Raymond, Wa.
It's 9/12/2020 and the smoke remains in our atmosphere. Fire damage up and down the Pacific Coast has intensified. Very concerning for, not only those that have been evacuated from their homes in small towns amid the forest lands, but also those who have died in the fires.
Here in Raymond, Wa, we have had ample rainfall up until mid-July this year. I'm hoping we get by without any nearby fires. Weather should turn cooler and rainy by middle of next week. Relief in sight, we hope.

Here are some photos I took from a short walk around my area this afternoon.
DSC_4031.jpg

The North Fork Bridge on the Willapa River at Raymond, Wa.
DSC_4034.jpg

Under the bridge.

DSC_4038.jpg

DSC_4033.jpg

wildflower nearby.

-Steve

Last edited:
Splendid! A waterfall we've visited a number of times as my father was brought up in Teesdale. As a boy he saw it in full flood with the river extending across the full width which must have been pretty impressive. A lovely image bringing back many fond memories, thanks
Jeepers! Right across! That must have been something.
They were telling me the river was a meter higher the previous day.
Glad you liked it.
We stayed there a few days and I took a lot of images, Low Force and around, still sorting through them so there might be some more memory joggers...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back