advertisement

Building the Ergo E-IX mini-monitor loudspeaker system

I use transferwise as my banking partner full stop, they are great. I hold accounts in most currencies I likely will need, with them as it makes it easier for my customers to pay me.

Crossover components are here, for those who are just having them, I'll box them up and weigh them probably on Tuesday and work out shipping cost.

Those that are just having a built crossover, I'll do that later in the week.

Hopefully the drivers should be here soon. Scanspeak have had a bit of a production backlog though.

KLK8J86

3NyXHTT

QrVXLG9

3NyXHTT

Such nostalgia for me. Jantzen makes some of the nicest looking and sounding XO components.

Where are you getting the Morel tweeter from, Stefan?

Hi Stefan,

I just ordered the kit via KFJ website, then just realized you organized group buy. I always want to build this since day 1 James post it here few year ago. I am from Malaysia anyway. Right now, I am using kit speaker from Wilmslow (Vogue) i built in 2004. This is for my main listening hall, The Ergo will be used in by bedroom with DIY clone Naim amp. using original Nap250 board bought from Simon Hamnett in UK. I always like the seal cabinet when I first heard Naim IBL 20 year ago. I just restore one LS3/5a for a friend here and the eagerness to build Ergo IX getting stronger as ever, so this morning I press "add to cart" and moved on. Just waiting the kit to arrive here safely...

Thanks James and Stefan.

Hi Azman,

I just woke to find your order, many thanks. As you can see from the replies above I am waiting on drivers from Scanspeak and the Morel distributors. As soon as they arrive, I'll move onto building or packing up the kits. I assume you are OK to wait a couple of weeks with the other fellas here?

I always want to build this since day 1 James post it here few year ago. I am from Malaysia anyway.
Day one was more than 10 years ago. That is how old the E-IX design is. But I rather think it will be timeless.

Whereabouts in Malaysia are you? I'm very fond of Penang and its gastronomic delights.

Hi James,
I am from Klang, 30km from Kuala Lumpur. Good to know you have been to Malaysia. Any plan to visit again?

advertisement

Back