advertisement

Bargain Box Sets

Not a physical box set, but Qobuz are listing The Ultimate Kitaro:Silk Road Journey, comprising 15(!) albums, for less than seven quid.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Reactions: AV8
Not a physical box set, but Qobuz are listing The Ultimate Kitaro:Silk Road Journey, comprising 15(!) albums, for less than seven quid.
I'm almost on the verge of signing up. Does Qobuz do a lot of special deals like this at these sorts of prices? And I assume you need to be a subscriber to qualify for those prices?

And I assume you need to be a subscriber to qualify for those prices?
I’ve bought a few Qobuz deals over the years, but am not a subscriber to their streaming service (yet.)

I remember downloading a set of five early Scott Walker albums for about 10€ in a French hotel room using their Wifi one night around ten years ago when it was a France-only operation IIRC... ah, memories...

I'm almost on the verge of signing up. Does Qobuz do a lot of special deals like this at these sorts of prices? And I assume you need to be a subscriber to qualify for those prices?

nope. i don't even have an account with Qobuz, i log in with my Facebook account.

It confused me at first, I'd expected Quboz to merely pick up my profile details from Facebook, and set up a local account, but seems instead to have not done that but logs me in each time as some sort of guest, via Facebook. If I try to log in directly to Qobuz, using the address that is linked to my FB account (even using my FB password), then my user-address (specifically) is "not recognised".

Go figure that one :)

7digital are selling the new Richard & Linda Thompson box set "Hard Luck Stories" for £33.99 as a 16 bit download. The physical object is currently £69.41 on Amazon.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

I landed a copy of this myself, it is really good! Great trio and recording. It makes for an odd Joe Jackson collection as I have just this and Look Sharp, I used to have Night & Day too, but it must have gone along the way somehow, which is a shame as its a good album.

PS Anyone in any doubt as to how helpful linking to Amazon is for pfm according to my Amazon Associates stats page 13 of you have bought a copy so far! Obviously I’ve no idea who as it is completely anonymous, but thank you whoever you are. Linking to stuff does definitely help fund pfm,

PS Anyone in any doubt as to how helpful linking to Amazon is for pfm according to my Amazon Associates stats page 13 of you have bought a copy so far! Obviously I’ve no idea who as it is completely anonymous, but thank you whoever you are. Linking to stuff does definitely help fund pfm,

Does this work even if I'm just clicking through to view, or does it have to result in a purchase?

Does this work even if I'm just clicking through to view, or does it have to result in a purchase?

It is purchases that matter, though IIRC the click has (I think) a 24 hour life, so anything else bought from Amazon within that timeframe generates pfm some commission, i.e. the specific item that takes you to Amazon isn’t the key factor, it is that you got there from here.

It is purchases that matter, though IIRC the click has (I think) a 24 hour life, so anything else bought from Amazon within that timeframe generates pfm some commission, i.e. the specific item that takes you to Amazon isn’t the key factor, it is that you got there from here.

Maybe you could put that in a sticky.
Most of us buy stuff from Amazon on a regular basis and could easily use your link to reach the website.

Last edited:
Maybe you could put that in a sticky.

So if I click into Amazon from a link here, anything I buy in the next 24 hours will bring you a commission? Hell, you should be shouting that a bit louder Tony! I'm sure many of us are buying from Amazon all the time, not just music. If that's the case I'll come here every time before I buy something - put a sticky up with a link!

Tony - How about a new category "Amazon bargains"? May turn out to be too general, but worth a try to seem if it generates any common interest?

Or "online bargains" or "online electronic item bargains" or something along those lines?

advertisement

Back