advertisement

The John Westlake/Lakewest MDAC/FDAC, VFET and Detox

Last post by John on Facebook:

Weekly" or so update
1f642.png

I've been unwell these past 2 weeks - suspect Covid...but not 100% certain as Renata tests on Friday was negative - that said shes been coughing for the past 2 weeks... I dont 100% trust these quick tests..
The new software guy seems to be getting on well, to ease him into XMOS code we decided to first work with the ProJect S2 DAC we designed years ago now... The S2 is a simpler XMOS design (without FPGA and discrete DAC etc) so easing the initial learning curve...
So in the next week or two there might be a new release of S2 software Beta for those with S2's with bug fixes and updated features - that are also relevant to DevDAC..
If S2 goes well, then we will feel confident to start working on completing the more complex DevDAC software... if this happens then it could be completed quicker then expected..

I keep forgetting I once paid for this.

Reminds me of Karl Valentin's famous quote: 'That's so rediculous, I don't even ignore it..'

Last edited:
I've offloaded all my MDAC stuff now anyway, so I daresay I no longer have any horses in this race, albeit I did pay at least one 'development' fee, maybe two (I honestly can't recall). Time to move on, methinks....

I notice Onix has been reported to the fraud office, now since John is in the EU and a lot of the investors are in the U.K. then it may be possible to open a case in the U.K.. I am in Sweden, the law is different here inasmuch as “the spirit of the law” is very important, this means that it may be possible to bring a case as it’s unreasonable to have given someone that amount of money and not get anything in return, especially as he has delivered quite a few products to other customers.

There is a FB update but I’m unable to transpose anything with my iPhone from there; and I’m nowhere near a PC (nor do I want to be for at least a week - escaped the grey UK) ;-)

<moderating>

I have moderated a few posts out as I honestly do not think emotion and personal slurs will help people here no matter how justifiably upset and annoyed they are.

This whole John Westlake thing is far beyond my knowledge and understanding and my personal recommendation remains that you take legal advice either collectively or individually.

FWIW I am not going to allow any further comments, cross-posting or merging of content with the Onix thread. These are likely different classes of transaction (to my eyes/IMHO Onix is non-delivery of goods purchased on a UK hi-fi company‘s own corporate business website, i.e. covered by standard consumer law, whereas this veers to some degree into a grey area of crowd-funding and personal sponsorship that I do not understand in the slightest, plus it crosses national borders). Please get a good lawyer to pick the bones out of it. I will obviously assist in any way I possibly can.

As such any further comments about Onix here will be removed and if necessary the poster removed from the thread.

advertisement

Back