advertisement

The New Tory Hypocrisy Thread.

TheDecameron

Unicorns fart glitter.
Is that a bit of hypocrisy on your lapel guv?

“DRUGS tests on employees in firms of more than 250 people should be brought in to identify middle-class cocaine users, the Tory London mayoral candidate has said”.
(-your Sexy Sizzling Sun today).

IDS is backing it. That’s half The Sun office and Michael Gove gone in one. ****ing Tory hypocrites.

I never really get het up about hypocrisy; we are all guilty of it.

The Tories are obviously terrible & their hypocrisy is probably their least offensive trait. Venal corruption, jobs for boys, protection of privilege etc.

Is that a bit of hypocrisy on your lapel guv?

“DRUGS tests on employees in firms of more than 250 people should be brought in to identify middle-class cocaine users, the Tory London mayoral candidate has said”.
(-your Sexy Sizzling Sun today).

IDS is backing it. That’s half The Sun office and Michael Gove gone in one. ****ing Tory hypocrites.
I very much doubt that, outside of professions where safety is an issue (pilots, surgeons, drivers, etc) you’d find a justifiable legal basis for the tests. You can’t just test everybody ‘on spec’ like that. Human rights, innit.

I think that’s Posh Gollum’s idea, aka Rory Stewart, he was on about it on R4 he wants anonymised testing to find out the extent of cocaine use in London, I expect the City of London will have him killed, before you know it he will be after the money laundering that goes with it.

This thread is another example of the ironic name-calling, "if you're a Tory, you're scum", idiocy of PFM OT.

London is pretty much saturated with cocaine right now - it's like the mid 90s.

I'm not sure this is a such a bad idea. The fact that Gove, Osborne, etc did it, doesn't make it so.

Considering oneself not to be or ever have been hypocritical reminds me of the auld saying:

There’s only two types of men in this world - ****ers and liars.

I think that’s Posh Gollum’s idea, aka Rory Stewart, he was on about it on R4 he wants anonymised testing to find out the extent of cocaine use in London, I expect the City of London will have him killed, before you know it he will be after the money laundering that goes with it.
It has the familiar reek of “back to basics/ Victorian values” at the end days of the John Major government. They preached abstinence and chastity by day while flouting their own injunctions after hours. IDS sat picking his nose in Parliament while not far from him on the front benches, Gove is likely to have picked stale rocks from his.

This thread is another example of the ironic name-calling, "if you're a Tory, you're scum", idiocy of PFM OT.

London is pretty much saturated with cocaine right now - it's like the mid 90s.

I'm not sure this is a such a bad idea. The fact that Gove, Osborne, etc did it, doesn't make it so.

If a reduction in cocaine use is the aim then stopping making it insanely profitable for organised crime ought to be the first priority, it’s a stupid idea because you can get the same information from testing sewage.

If a reduction in cocaine use is the aim then stopping making it insanely profitable for organised crime ought to be the first priority.

In practice, this is very difficult for Government, anywhere, and of any description. Unless you want to go for decriminalisation (with which, personally, I have some sympathy).

Testing sewage only gives you a mass-effect, unless, that is, you want to install by-product meters on every toilet in Chelsea....

In practice, this is very difficult for Government, anywhere, and of any description. Unless you want to go for decriminalisation (with which, personally, I have some sympathy).

Testing sewage only gives you a mass-effect, unless, that is, you want to install by-product meters on every toilet in Chelsea....

Pretty sure the user profile of cocaine users is well known, they are not going to find out anything new.

I'm really not sure what this idea is meant to achieve, other than to attract publicity for the candidate. Suppose it's discovered, to no-one's surprise, that cocaine usage is very high in That London? Then what? Arrest all those found to have high levels of cocaine in their bloodstream? Tell them they must stop sniffing the stuff? And why only 'middle-class' users? They at least can afford it.

It’s just avoiding the problem, I have met enough people from South America to know cocaine use here is not a victimless crime. High levels around investment banks, advertising, fashion? what a big surprise that would be.

advertisement

Back