advertisement

A thread for forthcoming vinyl releases...

Lloyd Cole & The Commotions vinyl box set released 31st July 2020. Remastered versions of their 3 studio albums plus B sides, demos and unreleased tracks.

A bit spendy at £140 at time of writing and might be cheaper from the record company (Tapete) though at the moment it's showing as out of stock.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08BWD2SNJ/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
National Album Day will celebrate all this, with record labels and music retailers joining in the fun with the release of a series of new albums, boxsets and classic reissues including: Duran Duran ‘Duran Duran’, Paul Simon ‘Graceland’, ‘The Stone Roses ‘Stone Roses’, Blues Brothers ‘Blues Brothers’, Smash Hits 80s and more. See below a selection of product announced so far, with more confirmed titles to come.
https://www.nationalalbumday.co.uk/news/national-album-day-returns-saturday-10th-october-2020/

I've Pre Ordered Talk Talk on purple vinyl - assume it's same master as 2017 version
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08FNV2MZ8/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Gus

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
The lavish 2xLP of The Revolutionary Army Of The Infant Jesus Songs Of Yearning/Nocturne landed earlier. I was surprised by a Facebook ad a few days ago that suggested they actually still existed! They are a real outlier of the Liverpool music scene of the past 35 years, just unlike anything else. I was given a copy of their first Probe label album when it came out and saw them live around that time. The name apparently comes from a terrorist entity in a book or film, I can’t remember, though they have always been very ambiguous as to whether they make religious music or not. They certainly borrow from it and this is beautiful unclassifiable folk/drone/spiritual stuff with a hint of industrial, even Alice Coltrane to it. The second album, Nocturne, has rather more of an ambient electronica side to it. Not a cheap purchase if you want the limited vinyl, but it is a beautiful cut and sounds wonderful. Just be careful taking the first album out if its dreaded printed card inner, though mine was perfect (now cleaned and safe in a Nagaoka). I suspect it will hold its value well, their first album certainly has (typically £40-£100), and this is an edition of 450. I now find there are two albums between these two I do not have...

My Beauty by Kevin Rowland is available for pre order on Cherry Red. Not for everyone, but in my top 5 of deleted recordings .

The lavish 2xLP of The Revolutionary Army Of The Infant Jesus Songs Of Yearning/Nocturne landed earlier. I was surprised by a Facebook ad a few days ago that suggested they actually still existed! They are a real outlier of the Liverpool music scene of the past 35 years, just unlike anything else. I was given a copy of their first Probe label album when it came out and saw them live around that time. The name apparently comes from a terrorist entity in a book or film, I can’t remember, though they have always been very ambiguous as to whether they make religious music or not. They certainly borrow from it and this is beautiful unclassifiable folk/drone/spiritual stuff with a hint of industrial, even Alice Coltrane to it. The second album, Nocturne, has rather more of an ambient electronica side to it. Not a cheap purchase if you want the limited vinyl, but it is a beautiful cut and sounds wonderful. Just be careful taking the first album out if its dreaded printed card inner, though mine was perfect (now cleaned and safe in a Nagaoka). I suspect it will hold its value well, their first album certainly has (typically £40-£100), and this is an edition of 450. I now find there are two albums between these two I do not have...
https://weekend-online.com/issue505/page_36.html
Yes I saw this reviewed in the Waitrose Food Magazine! Bought!

advertisement

Back