advertisement

Naim Display

Central Audio

Trade Central Audio
Hi Guys,

Has anyone experienced the main display on NDX etc failing overnight, or is it a gradual decline in illumination ?

Best Regards Anthony.

Apparently, it's something in the region of £350 to get the display replaced -- quite a bit of dosh to "invest" in dated streamers and the discontinued DAC-V1... It seems display failure is only a matter of time...

My early Unitiqute had new display and other services done at Naim, by first owner.

Allways set display to shortest turn-off settings, no clock etc.

Its been fine for years now but kind of "exiting" how long it last.
Terrific nice kit apart from that issue.

The display on my 10 year old Uniti has started fading. I only recently found out that this is a common problem.

£350 sounds bit steep, but I suppose if it is part of a full service then that is not too bad. At 10 years old it is probably due one.

Does anyone know if they update the firmware too? We use it mostly for tv sound duties or playing CDs not streaming much.

My 2012 Uniti screen has completely gone, I’m going to send it back to Naim soon. The Uniti seems to have this problem More often than not and it is a shame that they don’t offer to fix it for free but the warrantee is only 5 years and they are a business after all.

My experience was almost identical to Seagulls', and use mine for records, cd and tv, and I have adopted the same strategy to extend the life of the display.
I don't know if there was a firmware update, sorry.
It's irritating not having the display, but hopefully cheaper by lasting longer, until the next service. It's vexing that cheap audio gear 30 - 40 years old still has a (basic) display still working.

My 2012 Uniti screen has completely gone, I’m going to send it back to Naim soon. The Uniti seems to have this problem More often than not and it is a shame that they don’t offer to fix it for free but the warrantee is only 5 years and they are a business after all.
I agree it's a shame they don't fix it for free considering that the displays don't last that long, having an average life span of 8 to 10 years. I believe most owners would have expected more reliable displays with longer life span considering it's not exactly cheap to replace or restore the display to original condition.

@seagull do you know what streaming boards it has? 96k or 192k? If you were to put it in for an upgrade to the boards, they'd fix the screen as part of this. I did this with my Qute and it was certainly cheaper than just having the screen replaced.

Thanks guys, this one failed in the box unused over a period of time.

This doesn't sound like the common failure which is through having it on (often) permanently. I used to have mine set to the clock permanently and that's what caused the problem. Since I got the screen replaced I set it to go off asap (as suggested by Olsen above).

advertisement

Back