advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoke with Amazon today, seems that British viewers will have to wait until the last quarter of this year to watch on Sundance.

Ah, that's too bad. Season 5 episodes do appear to be available now here in the US, but I am waiting for the whole season to finish before signing up for a month and binging them.

just loved DARK and 'the VVitch' (as they spell it - you may need it for a search) on netflix.

recently was watching the medici one and it's a let down mostly

Eames: The Architect & The Painter on Prime, an interesting documentary about two of the 20th century’s finest and most interesting designers/innovators. Worth a look as it goes way beyond the wonderful chairs with much history some may not be aware of.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
apologies if previously mentioned.

'6 Underground' available on Netflix.

Michael Bay film with Ryan Reynolds.

Lots of dramatic car chases, Parkour and scantily clad business. You can almost see where cars have been substituted for Transformers... the sound also has weighty bass notes straight out of 'insert Michael Bay film'

It is fast-paced and is goodies against baddies with no complications.

Certified '15' in the U.K. - closer to an '18' we reckon.

there is colourful language, and oodles of c.g.i. gore / blood. :)

there is also a Ryan Reynolds/Deadpool humour floating around, although any humour in 6 Underground is fleeting.

I have seen the film 3 or 4 times so far.
(on my own probably twice, once with daughter, once with wife )

Throwaway flashy action with a dark humour attached.

I think there will be more in this series.

Finished The Handmaid’s Tale on Sunday. Though it was a good but very heavy going at times. I found it relentless and extremely brutal. I can’t remember the last time I needed to take a break from a TV show before?

All seasons available on Amazon Prime.

I've not seen any of this, quick synopsis? worth watching?

I've not seen any of this, quick synopsis? worth watching?

In a dystopian, polluted right wing religious tyranny, a young woman is put in sexual slavery on account of her now rare fertility. Set in a Fascistic future America, The Handmaid's Tale tells the story of Kate, a handmaid. ... The job of a Handmaid is to bear the children of the man to whom she is assigned.

Is it worth a watch? Yes but as I mentioned it's pretty brutal.

I just watched the first episode of The Umbrella Academy (season 1).

Quirky, well written and rather good, I think. Less frantic and formulaic than the usual Netflix Original series too.

Does it maintain the quality?

I just watched the first episode of The Umbrella Academy (season 1).

Quirky, well written and rather good, I think. Less frantic and formulaic than the usual Netflix Original series too.

Does it maintain the quality?
I enjoyed Season 1 a lot I'd say they maintained things all the way through, not started Season 2, yet saving it for a rainy weekend.

Similar shows:

Prime - The Boys (S2 due Sept 4th), Netflix - Titans 1 & 2 and STARZ - Dawn Patrol 1 & 2​

Plus the whole bunch of Daredevil universe shows

Amazon picked up The Expanse after it was dropped by SyFy - the 4th series sticks closely to the book like previous efforts.

The Expanse is great - reminds me somewhat of the Battlestar Galactica remake which I also enjoyed. I enjoyed Dark, though I felt it lost the plot a bit in season 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back