advertisement

Naim Equipment You Regret Selling

kleinbje

pfm Member
I am back to this forum as I was looking into new equipment again, a 500DR, which I ended up getting.;) Traded a 300DR. As I was reading through some for sale ads and some newer threads it seems many people regret selling their NAC52 and Nait 2's. Any other equipment from Naim that belongs with these two? I own a 52 and was considering trading it towards a used recently DR'd 550.

I've owned SBLs twice but moved them on due to changes in circumstances. Would possibly buy again...or is there something out there that beats SBLs at there own game?
Otherwise not a fan.

I am back to this forum as I was looking into new equipment again, a 500DR, which I ended up getting.;) Traded a 300DR. As I was reading through some for sale ads and some newer threads it seems many people regret selling their NAC52 and Nait 2's. Any other equipment from Naim that belongs with these two? I own a 52 and was considering trading it towards a used recently DR'd 550.

I presume 550 is a typo and should be written as 552.

No regrets selling my 202/200 earlier. I'm still hanging on to my 282/250DR although they are currently put in cold storage. One of the reasons I bought the amps new is to avoid selling them. I bought the 202/200 used so it's a much easier decision to get rid of those amps.

I have regretted selling all the Naim kit I ever owned, particularly a bolt down 160, a SNAPS and a NAT 101/SNAPS combo.

I regret selling my CDI, wish I had kept it as it was a great CD player and I would rarely use it (because I primarily stream) but would have been nice for those albums I have on CD that aren't available on streaming services.

SBLs. I went from Sara to Isobarik to SBL, now using active Kans. Isobariks were not ideally suited to my room, but SBLs are; I guess I could easily go back to those.

Absolutely none in over a generation (25 years) of Naim ownership from 42 to 552 and 110 to 135s through the stages with 101, 01, Prefix,Superline, Caps and trimmings etc.. Lost little or nothing over that time but have ended up with a cheaper, more musical and better resolving system (to my ears- valves)

I regret selling my CDI, wish I had kept it as it was a great CD player and I would rarely use it (because I primarily stream) but would have been nice for those albums I have on CD that aren't available on streaming services.
Why not rip them into a lossless format for playback through your digital setup?

I was a little wistful when I sold my 82/180 for financial reasons a few years ago as at the time I felt I had gotten to new level of musical reproduction.Though I enjoyed the combination it wasn’t entirely satisfactory with my favourite genres. The unexpected sale sent me into other territory and I began to assemble a system through second hand purchases. This was an interesting and exciting journey with a level of musical satisfaction that I had not experienced before. It also ran parallel to my interest in streaming with Pi etc. Naim was an important part of my journey but is now a fading memory as I plough into other brands. My recent purchase of Maggie LRSs has been the most significant turning point and upgrade I’ve ever made and at a fraction of price of more costly, though less talented equipment.

Regretted selling my CDI about a decade ago now.

Also regret selling the Nac12 and Nap160 I spent a lot of time and effort restoring. Would have likely sounded superb with the CDI too in hindsight.

advertisement

Back