advertisement

System Pics 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
in fairness, telly has just moved:

Ao7nrPK.jpg
That’s very nice

That’s very nice
I feel you’re pain, I lived in Bruntsfield Place for a number of years and the Fire Engines would sound their sirens as they approached the lights at Holy Corner. Really loud as it echoed between the buildings!

Me too, at 207 Bruntsfield Place near the fish shop ..was handy for nipping into Monty's for a beer. I was just looking at his livingroom picture thinking it must be an Edinburgh apartment as the living room press, window shuttering design etc were the same.

Hi Skito, I was almost above the fish shop. Mid eighties to late 80’s I guess. Thankfully three flights up so the noise and fish smell was minimal!
Can’t say I done a lot of drinking locally, maybe the Merlin occasionally. Most of my mates were scattered around town so varied our locations!

The Decemeron hinted as to where he is, I’m guessing it would be fairly easy to identify the exact location but I wouldn’t publish it!

I was 3 flights up aswell and also had a smaller back bedroom away from the main bedroom on Bruntsfield Road. Sleeping in the front was like lying in the road for me as the old-style single glazed sash and case windows didn't keep much out. Fond memories, I was there 2005 until 2007. It was in there I had my epiphany (breakdown), sold up and fled the country never to fully return...until maybe now:confused:

One memory from Bruntsfield place was the extra steep steps from ground level to the first floor. I remember carrying an old style wooden surround 26 inch tv up the three flights. I can still feel the pain!

Linnfomaniac,

Really lovely looking room there mate.Love the way every thing blends wood wise and the rug.The way you have got the vinyl stored is great.

The green shrubs are lovely too.

Linnfomaniac,

Really lovely looking room there mate.Love the way every thing blends wood wise and the rug.The way you have got the vinyl stored is great.

The green shrubs are lovely too.
Thank you for the kind words, this was meant to be just a listening room, but I spend most of my spare time in here (I’m sat on the sofa whilst typing this), if I’m not in the garden, I’m in here... I only use the main live room when I have visitors because it’s a bigger room.

Hi Skito, I was almost above the fish shop. Mid eighties to late 80’s I guess. Thankfully three flights up so the noise and fish smell was minimal!
Can’t say I done a lot of drinking locally, maybe the Merlin occasionally. Most of my mates were scattered around town so varied our locations!

The Decemeron hinted as to where he is, I’m guessing it would be fairly easy to identify the exact location but I wouldn’t publish it!
Also spent a bit of time shacking up at Montpelier prior to Union St. 28 years ago. Had friends in Viewforth years ago. Never lived in the Meadows though but had a friend at Uni who shared a flat with the drummer from Runrig there.

Out of Covid-19 boredom, I went looking for a small, relatively inexpensive audio-related project.

Already had Senn 650’s and Chord Mojo. Added an RPI 4B (running Ropieee) and a large capacity portable battery charger. End result is a “luggable” Roon-ready basket of headphone fun for use around the house and out in the garden. Have not figured out the max battery life yet, but there seems to be more than enough for my intended use. The wall wart recharges the battery (Anker 26800) fully in about 6 hours, so I plug it in overnight. It is not UPS, so when the battery recharges, the RPI switches off and the Mojo stops trickle charging.

IyL6lZt.jpg

Love the Martin Logans, but the usual 'tv too high' problem. :(
Maybe his chair is mounted on a telescopic tube - periscope style :)

I had a projector and 240cm screen which I sold off when I started sitting on the coffee table only a couple of feet away - the screen thus became uncomfortably high... I now sit with my nose dead centre to the iMac screen. I rip DVDs to mkv and stock them in the cellar. The screen and sound of the oMac is surprisingly good for "near-field viewing".

Love the Martin Logans, but the usual 'tv too high' problem. :(
Always have my TV’s high up, could never get on with them low down in a corner like my folks had. Feels more like being at the movies.

That’s my old Kuro 50 bought many moons ago, sold a 65 curved Sammy to a mate just before lockdown and didn’t manage to get a new TV in time, will be getting a 75+ at some point. In the cabinet there’s a Marantz 1608 & Xbox One X, main focus in the room is Stereo.

The ML’s are just fantastic if you like what they do, preferred them to B&W 800, Wilson Sabrina, GAIA, FACT 12 or Kef Ref 5. Took about 2 minutes in the demo for the wife to pull out the cheque book. They have ARC DSP room correction for the bass units.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back