advertisement

Honours List - come on fill yer boots

Imagine the scene when Tebbit accidentally finds himself confrontIng Fox coming out of the toilets at the HoL after she’s been in there sharing a flush with Gishlaine von Stewart.

Last edited:
That time when you were deciding between simply changing channel away from Question Time and having a very strong drink, or smashing your TV into small enough chunks to flush down the toilet. That was Claire Fox. We’ve all been there.

Ah, that would explain it. I haven't watched Question Time since Robin Day handed in his bow-tie.

It's funny how many right-wing nut jobs used to be Communists. Mad Mel Phillips was one, and so was Janet Daley who writes for the Torygraph. I don't know of anyone who's made the opposite journey though.

That time when you were deciding between simply changing channel away from Question Time and having a very strong drink, or smashing your TV into small enough chunks to flush down the toilet. That was Claire Fox. We’ve all been there.
I find her deeply troubling as a polemicist. I didn’t know anything about her when I first saw her dominating some Sunday morning current events audience participation show with Nicky Campbell and I had an instant negative gut reaction to her. Nothing Ive seen since has other than reinforced that impression. She’s an opportunist of the worst stripe.

Pretty shocking week for the Government. Charlie Elphicke was found guilty of being a Naughty Tory, the Honours List is scandalous and then a sitting MP and ex-Minister gets arrested for alleged rape. It is a good thing they've done such a good job with Brexit, CV-19 and the economy or we might all get the impression that they are bunch of amoral chancers on the make.

Last edited:
Trump-Bannon-Cummings-Johnson.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...rch-to-right-for-no-10?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Donald Trump’s former chief strategist also said that Boris Johnson will become an increasingly populist prime minister after jettisoning his political positioning as a “globalist” to “opportunistically jump on Brexit”.

Bannon has fostered extensive links to global far-right nationalist movements in an attempt to unite “the Judeo-Christian West”. He has also described UK Islamophobe Tommy Robinson as the “backbone” of Britain, defended Viktor Orbán, Hungary’s nationalist prime minister, and praised anti-immigration French politician Marine Le Pen, among others.

However, Bannon refused to say if he is currently advising the UK’s prime minister or has met Cummings. Last year evidence emerged suggesting close links between Johnson and the man who led Trump’s 2016 campaign. Bannon eve

Pretty shocking week for the Government. Charlie Elphicke was found guilty of being a Naughty Tory, the Honours List is scandalous and then a sitting MP and ex-Minister gets arrested for alleged rape. It is a good think they've done such a good job with Brexit, CV-19 and the economy or we might all get the impression that they are bunch of amoral chancers on the make.

That's as may be but so what? No election until 2024; there's plenty of opportunity for more of the same until then.

Ah, that would explain it. I haven't watched Question Time since Robin Day handed in his bow-tie.

It's funny how many right-wing nut jobs used to be Communists. Mad Mel Phillips was one, and so was Janet Daley who writes for the Torygraph. I don't know of anyone who's made the opposite journey though.
I knew people at university who jumped from the far left to the FCS - chasing electability

Decent piece in today's i https://inews.co.uk/opinion/boris-johnson-honours-list-claire-fox-jo-johnson-569697
Tories remain so spellbound by Boris Johnson’s populist takeover of their party that they remain silent as he trashes their values, drives out talent, allows an unelected adviser to run amok and displays ineptitude with fatal consequences amid the pandemic. Yet every now and then comes an act that should cause any decent Conservative to stop and ponder what has happened to their party – and one such moment came last week with Johnson’s despatch of some pals and paymasters into the House of Lords.

CWS again. Nice to see some prominent visiting ecclesiastical historians in the honours,

wFAzjxv.jpg

That’ll be Jim “Nig-Nog” Davidson. A racist still in circulation, popular with a particular aging, white, racist demographic.

That explains why I didn't recognise him. I always preferred Bernard Manning.
To put it in perspective, Davidson drank Bernard Manning’s bath water- “they think because they live here, they’re British, A dog born in a stable isn’t a horse, it’s still a dog”.

My first memories of scandalous behaviour being perpetrated by our public representatives were the John Stonehouse (labour) disappearance and the Jeremy Thorpe (Liberal) attempted contract killing of his lover affairs.

The highlights reel since then includes Jonathon Aitkens (tory) sword of truth and Chris Hulmes (lib dem) driving escapades because I think lying under oath is a particularly vile pastime for somebody who is supposed to be the best of us.

Anyway, sleaze is not confined to the Conservative party, anybody who thinks that is setting themselves up for a fall further down the road.

To put it in perspective, Davidson drank Bernard Manning’s bath water- “they think because they live here, they’re British, A dog born in a stable isn’t a horse, it’s still a dog”.

A line first attributed to the Duke of Wellington, when someone said that, having been born in Ireland, he was Irish.

My first memories of scandalous behaviour being perpetrated by our public representatives were the John Stonehouse (labour) disappearance and the Jeremy Thorpe (Liberal) attempted contract killing of his lover affairs.

The highlights reel since then includes Jonathon Aitkens (tory) sword of truth and Chris Hulmes (lib dem) driving escapades because I think lying under oath is a particularly vile pastime for somebody who is supposed to be the best of us.

Anyway, sleaze is not confined to the Conservative party, anybody who thinks that is setting themselves up for a fall further down the road.

That Genghis Khan was a bit of a bastard too, so think on before you have a go about Ivan the Terrible...

As whataboutery goes, it’s 4/10 at best. ‘Ah, ‘twas ever thus’ is no dead cat.

The point is that Cummings/Johnson’s corrupt populism troll wheeze is happening right now. They’re doing what they’re doing in plain view, today.

Manning was of course speaking about one of his other racist targets, the “P****s” as he enjoyed calling them.

I wonder if he knew he was stealing his lines from the Iron Duke, who no doubt would have taken a dim view of such plagiarism.

advertisement

Back