advertisement

image.canon currently unavailable?

Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Accuphase all the way down
Any users on here having problems? I've just tried to upload a few pics for the classifieds and I'm getting a 'sorry, image.canon is unavailable. Apologies for the inconvenience' page. No idea whether it's a tech issue, or permissions, or what. Anybody else having the same problem?

Just upload a picture to "What are you listening to...." - no problem.
But you’ve uploaded it to imgbb, not image.Canon which is where my user account is, so that doesn’t really help, sorry.

Just to clarify, it’s not a forum issue, it’s the image hosting platform. I want to find out if it’s a wider problem with the platform, or something about my account.

Given pfm doesn’t host any image files at all any error has to be to do with your image host (flickr or wherever).

Interesting, thanks, hadn't seen that. Received an email today:

As a user of image.canon, we wanted to inform you that on July 30, 2020, we identified an issue involving the 10GB long-term storage on image.canon.

In order to conduct a detailed investigation, we suspended image.canon's mobile application and service from the PC browser until August 4, 2020 .

As a result of our investigation, we regret to inform you that all or part of your image data was lost. Please see below for details.

Lost image data

Image data stored prior to 9 AM on June 16, 2020 in "10 GB storage" in the following format
<snip>
Canon_Spacer.gif

Image data stored in "30 day storage"
<snip>
Canon_Spacer.gif

Image data stored at or after 9 AM on June 16, 2020 at "10 GB storage"

We could not completely recover and restore the lost image data. We are very sorry for the loss of your image data.

We can confirm that there was no leakage of images due to this incident.

◎About image.canon Service Recovery Status

We have resumed partial service of image.canon as of August 4, 2020. We will update you on the progress of the solution at our service site.

Canon is taking this incident very seriously and is implementing a solution to stop this happening again. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this incident has caused you.
Fortunately for me, the only images up there are some pics of hifi that I shared for various reasons, so no personal stuff and nothing I don't have locally anyway.

advertisement

Back