advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season II

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the goalkeeping side of things, Chelsea have made a bid for Barca's Marc-Andre ter Stegen.

The Metro have said "Ter Stegen, 28, is considered one of the finest goalkeepers in the world and his ability on the ball appeals to Lampard, who wants his side to improve their play out from the back next term.

We bid for him and ended up with Bravo. Bravo’s a free agent this summer, just saying...

Stones will go, I dont think that there is any chance with he will go to two faced chelski, he will probably end up at two faced arsenal instead where he should do well as Arteta knows exactly how to position his defenders. He will need to tell Stones that sometimes it's ok to hoof the ball up field instead of trying to play his non existent silky dribble skills.

I think we will go for another defender so Pep has 4 players who he can rely on and rotate. A fast left back and someone who can head a cross between the posts and I think we will have a good season.

The mood on the NUFC forum I lurk on is..."exceptional".

I don’t bother....used to.

It looks to me like the PL didn’t want to make a decision so let time pass knowing it would lead to a collapse. A bit shit really, given what this Masters joker and his cronies are paid.

The PL has buckled under pressure from groups who in reality should be lobbying govt(s) to impose sanctions on Saudi Arabia if they think it’s that bad. It really is nothing to do with football. I daresay such hypocrites have no issues with Saudi Arabia when they’re consuming oil related products for their own general comfort, or consuming products from places such as China.

So NUFC were quite happy to join the Yank cartel in signing their letter to get City banned from Europe.

They Served their purpose and now the Yank cartel have turned on them and caused so much trouble the suitors have withdrawn.

Karma.

I thought Karma was a cartridge made by Linn. I don’t know what this Yank cartel is either.

The thoughts of Jonathan Liew on the NUFC takeover situation. https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...le-united-narrow-escape-takeover-saudi-arabia

The first thing to point out is there may be less to all this than meets the eye. Many of the world’s economies are bracing themselves for a deep and painful recession. The Covid-19 crisis has devastated Saudi Arabia’s oil revenues, driving a £22.3bn deficit in the second quarter of 2020. The International Monetary Fund estimates the economy could shrink by 6.8% this year. The country has already been forced to triple VAT and cut benefits. In this context, perhaps it has simply decided that ploughing untold fortunes into a huge, open-ended project with a worrying reliance on Jonjo Shelvey may not be the most propitious investment.

Last edited:
Perhaps the two parties could have joined in some kind of reciprocal arrangement - an oil for poor quality sportswear type arrangement - or a cultural exchange perhaps whereby the lasses in Newcastle are out on Saturday night in burkas and the normally oppressed women of Riyadh can piss in the streets after quaffing eight pints of Stella.

Last edited:
Perhaps the two parties could have joined in some kind of reciprocal arrangement - an oil for poor quality sportswear type arrangement - or a cultural exchange of fashion perhaps whereby the lasses in Newcastle are out on Saturday night in burkas and the normally oppressed women of Riyadh can piss in the streets after quaffing eight pints of Stella.
Don’t tell Tuga, but the lasses can knock back more than 8 pints.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...lapsed?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Pretty much.

{The screen dissolves in classic dream sequence fashion}
[In related news and after an incredible 50 weeks of rollovers the Euro millions jackpot has finally been won by a single ticket purchased in the UK. The total of approaching €850m* is the largest ever and we join the presentation ceremony now.
"I'd like to thank the people of Europe for this win and am delighted to announce that the winnings will be used to purchase and fund Newcastle United and support the local economy. The Club will be run as a supporters trust governed by the fans and for the fans.
Thank you and no more questions at this time."]
{Screen resolves in classic dream sequence fashion}

Oh.

* I'd keep a couple of mill back for expenses of course.

Newcastle really are the Premiership's self-sabotage Kings. One step forward, two back. According to the press, MA is still holding out hope for a deal. Bruce though must be happy in that he still has a job. He is going to be very busy next season trying to keep Newcastle out of the bottom three.

Newcastle really are the Premiership's self-sabotage Kings. One step forward, two back. According to the press, MA is still holding out hope for a deal. Bruce though must be happy in that he still has a job. He is going to be very busy next season trying to keep Newcastle out of the bottom three.
I think the situation at Newcastle is tragic - brilliant passionate fans who deserve so much better.

Cup final this evening is a difficult one to call. Arsenal need the win for Thursday night football next season and that may just be enough to tip the balance in their favour.
I'm pleased that Frank doesn't think that finishing in the top 4 is cause for celebration - he's bloody well right as well!

Bruce and Charnley went out for a socially distanced p*ss up last night. They're the only happy bunnies on Tyneside.

Cup final this evening is a difficult one to call. Arsenal need the win for Thursday night football next season and that may just be enough to tip the balance in their favour.
I'm pleased that Frank doesn't think that finishing in the top 4 is cause for celebration - he's bloody well right as well!
Hoping for a good final...a lot to admire in both teams and managers.
[Unclenches teeth].

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back