advertisement

Lots of folks not wearing face masks

Mongeddavid

pfm Member
Just been out to the shops in Tring my local convenience store letting in lots of folks without masks. Lady having her hair done at the hairdressers again no mask in sight. I don't suppose there's much i can do about this but it does boil my blood people don't seem to understand social responsibility or the risks involved in not following the guidance.

I work in construction as a Building Control Surveyor and there's a total disregard there for social distancing of any kind. As i moved as far as possible away from a roofer passing me on some scaffolding I heard him mutter for f... sake as he went past. Had there been a foreman on the site I would have had a word as this is not acceptable behavior.

People seem to be so ignorant I fear were heading for a horrible winter.

People are getting tired of the hassles, and that fuels idiots to spout total nonsense. Not helped by the fact that the young and very young are very largely unaffected.
One person at work reckons C19 is a myth because he only knows one person who has had it and relatives who work in hospitals reckon C19 wards are empty.
One fellah on the radio this morning reckoned Manchester was locked down specifically to stop Eid celebrations.

And so it goes on.

It will be a miracle if day to day life will be normal within 12 months, IMO. It will take a vaccine to achieve that and at the very best, if one is found, it will be many months before it can be administered to enough people.

local convenience store

was it a co-op by any chance?

Our local has told us they won't be enforcing due to threats of violence from some customers

Nice brewery, nice distillery

Lady having her hair done at the hairdressers

I walk past our local one at least once a day - all staff in masks and visors. My wife tells me it is impossible to have her hair cut whilst wearing a mask.

miracle if day to day life will be normal within 12 months

I reckon 2022 more likely 2023

There's tons of fake news and conspiracy theory rubbish all over Facebook. Couple that with gullible people, and it's no surprise.

You don’t have to wear a mask to have your hair done, so let’s not criticise people for complying.

I went to a barbers recently & was very impressed with their set up.

Judging by the main stream news programmes there's an awful lot of people who seem to require mask wearing to be made mandatory and enforced by law. Whether this is down to a lack of common sense, a sheep like attitude or just being thick I'm not sure, but I'll hazard a guess it's a mixture of all three.

was it a co-op by any chance?
Our local has told us they won't be enforcing due to threats of violence from some customers
I was in our local co-op yesterday, and one pair of women had no masks on. It looked like special needs and carer, so OK (at least for one of them!), and they started closing up to me in the check-out queue, so I said, as you aren't wearing masks, cold you give me more space?. They did, with a bit of a frown. Seemed a suitable way of dealing with it.

Just been out to the shops in Tring my local convenience store letting in lots of folks without masks. Lady having her hair done at the hairdressers again no mask in sight. I don't suppose there's much i can do about this but it does boil my blood people don't seem to understand social responsibility or the risks involved in not following the guidance.

I work in construction as a Building Control Surveyor and there's a total disregard there for social distancing of any kind. As i moved as far as possible away from a roofer passing me on some scaffolding I heard him mutter for f... sake as he went past. Had there been a foreman on the site I would have had a word as this is not acceptable behavior.

People seem to be so ignorant I fear were heading for a horrible winter.

Jack sends his regards (ex DBC Building control)

Where I live in France

does the UK have more than its fair share of idiots?

local compliance issues. Here compliance is quite good, apart from the co-op. Last weekend we were in Margate and Ramsgate, and comlliance was very high.

My long term tenant that has rented my flat in a city in Spain, tells me compliance is poor in many supermarkets among the locals, and high among the visitors.

Judging by the main stream news programmes there's an awful lot of people who seem to require mask wearing to be made mandatory and enforced by law. Whether this is down to a lack of common sense, a sheep like attitude or just being thick I'm not sure, but I'll hazard a guess it's a mixture of all three.
I suspect 1 and 3 but with an added flavour of entitlement.

Probably controversial here, but from ~1980, people grew up during a time of deregulation and an attack on discipline, the result in many cases is such people can’t wait for anything, they want their own way and they want it now.

You don’t have to wear a mask to have your hair done, so let’s not criticise people for complying.

Because hairdressers can't catch it presumably...

I think this is the problem with the government rules - wear a mask in Pret, but not if you're eating there, don't in the pub, do on the train, don't in the office, do in the cinema (unless you're eating a choc ice?).

It would have made more sense just tell people to wear a mask in any enclosed space outside their home.

Where I live in France if I attempted to enter the local supermarket sans mask I would be refused entry.
Is it my imagination or does the UK have more than its fair share of idiots?

Boris, despite revoking his passport, has a bit of American libertarian in him.

advertisement

Back