advertisement

Track Car Suggestions

Still haven't got to see that Puma as storage not sorted and don't want to be a tyre kicker.

My track buddy is moving house later this year and hopefully lots of room.

I was looking to buy this local lockup with some of my SIPP pension cash but too much red tape. You'd swear it's not you money (legally it isn't!), Can't get a trailer + car in and out of her easily otherwise I'd be chasing it harder.

EsrVqaL.jpg

That's my youngest in the back and he still talks about the "washine machine" treatment we'd give him in the back fishtailing the Hi-Ace on the Oz dirt roads. His mum's never seen the videos thankfully..

Ha - Good stuff :)

What goes on the road stays on the road/ don't tell your mum..etc. We have a duty to inspire (and train) the next generation of petrolheads :)

That workshop looks like a dream. A mezzanine floor for your parts storage, or you could build a little workshop in there that you could heat for when you were doing more delicate stuff. Drool...

As regards the Puma, I'd just go and if you like it you can FIND somewhere to store it. I had similar concerns when I bought the Caterham, I discovered that I could have a basic lockup for a whole £5 a week. Go on then. No light, no power, but it was somewhere to put the thing. I'm sure that you could find a farmer who'd put it in a barn, or a mate with a garage, or whatever.

That workshop looks like a dream. A mezzanine floor for your parts storage, or you could build a little workshop in there that you could heat for when you were doing more delicate stuff. Drool...

Yeah, there's another half to it as well. It's just trailer access is pretty much no go as it's off a lane.
It's so hidden away there aren't any rates though...
Pension SIPP's don't really like all that.

BTW, that's a pit to the left covered over..

Christ, a pit as well. You'll be telling me next that there are naked maidens with a taste for outdoor bathing living next door.

Christ, a pit as well. You'll be telling me next that there are naked maidens with a taste for outdoor bathing living next door.

Stop!!!

I just know that if I did buy it (or my pension let me even) that trailer access would grind away at me. You basically have to take car off the trailer drive it in, decouple trailer from car, manhandle trailer in, put car back on trailer (then repeat on way out). You can't make the turn with the car + trailer in the lane.

I had visions of a big TV up on the mezz and a fridge... There's a similar smaller garage beside included in the deal and £55k would buy the pair.

Last edited:
I had visions of a big TV up on the mezz and a fridge... There's an similar garage beside included in the deal and £55k would buy the pair.
Jesus Mary and Joseph, think yourself lucky it's not in Yorkshire, or I would have bought them! In fact there's a friend of mine who bought similar and moved in. It's non-resi but there's nobody there to know and he wanted basically to own a big barn with some land and a little flat or a bungalow attached.

^^^ Why I live in NI.

Stuff's cheap and roads are empty...

It's just the buildings and the land they site on (which doesn't extend past the building walls). Right of way lane out front. It is funky I have to say.

What about a towing dolly for the track car instead of a trailer ? Not sure if the towed car needs to be taxed and insurance up there tho.

What about a towing dolly for the track car instead of a trailer ? Not sure if the towed car needs to be taxed and insurance up there tho.

Yeah, interesting. I think they are only allowed for car recovery or something like that.

Trying to fix stuff is a pain ATM. Some parts deliveries arrive next day, some take a week, some disappear completely.

Decided I'm not going to leave her stock and will do sports exhaust and suspension this winter ...

cpJFHOZ.jpg

This mean as 986 Boxster pushes my buttons. They're so cheap now.

Other car was Nissan 200SX, but they've ended up with the young drifter lads. Car options are much thinner now than a decade ago!!

Kyf7SLu.png

Looking at this 2004 BMW 325ti today. She's got 120k miles but that doesn't worry us. Service record is good too. The 17" Alpina replica rims are a bonus for track us too.

Asking £1800...could be great buy with a wee tickle off the price.

We'd strip that interior and sell it for buckets.

GYJaTjq.jpg

xAuz1ml.jpg

W3iLLgR.jpg

advertisement

Back