advertisement

Govt to tackle obesity..apparently

Physician heal thyself!

EeAUi2NX0AAzE2f

A hint of conspirationism maybe ?
Constipated corporatism? Sounds like too much processed wheat :D If you want to make it properly conspiracy theoretical it was done to increase the instance of diabetes so the pharma industry could get rich sellIng insulin and drugs to the victims of that idiotic policy...;-)

Allow bullying of fat kids in schools. This worked very effectively in my day.

End helicopter parenting. Allow kids to go off on their own or with friends as much as possible. They will then learn how to spot gang boundaries and what to do when you cross them by mistake i.e. run like hell.

Ban parents from picking up their kids from school. Provide buses or bikes. Good for the environment as well. The fines will generate a lot of revenue.

End all crap after school clubs that kids have to be driven to.

The above is of course political suicide and is another example of why tackling climate change has absolutely no chance of doing anything significant until it's way too late. Parents have become hysterically protective of their kids these days and it must stop.

Time to forget the clapping and pot banging, time to release the dog of Moore before the current deal on nurses pay runs out early next year
That’s one of those rhetorical questions like “ why are there so many coloured people working in our NHS?” or “are our turnips safe after Romanians have touched them?”.

That’s one of those rhetorical questions like “ why are there so many coloured people working in our NHS?” or “are our turnips safe after Romanians have touched them?”.
Yes. The current deal on nurses pay comes to an end on 1 April, so it seems reasonable to assume that discussions on what that will look like will have started already. Charles Poodle Moore is no doubt only the first of many who will start chipping away at the idea of rewarding nurses, likely by attacking the Unions. Equally rhetorical, especially in an area like mine that has been rabid Tory since Peterloo, is will those happy clappy pot bangers yet again vote against nurses getting a pay rise that reflects their proven worth and their lost wages since 2012?

Yes. The current deal on nurses pay comes to an end on 1 April, so it seems reasonable to assume that discussions on what that will look like will have started already. Charles Poodle Moore is no doubt only the first of many who will start chipping away at the idea of rewarding nurses, likely by attacking the Unions. Equally rhetorical, especially in an area like mine that has been rabid Tory since Peterloo, is will those happy clappy pot bangers yet again vote against nurses getting a pay rise that reflects their proven worth and their lost wages since 2012?
Yes. Clearly nurses are being paid too much if they can afford to eat too much.

The answer is simple. Link nurses' pay directly to that of MPs. That will show how much MPs 'value' nurses; they surely don't believe that they are worth more?

Also, employ them like public servants by making it illegal for them to have other employment.

That's not a universal rule across the public sector. IME many CS have two jobs just to pay the bills (Mrs Seeker had a second job for years).

That's not a universal rule across the public sector. IME many CS have two jobs just to pay the bills (Mrs Seeker had a second job for years).
Yes, the rule seems to be that you can't have another job that would impact on your CS job. So don't do work for Vodafone if you work for Ofcom, that sort of thing. That would still rule out a lot of the stuff MPs do on the side, though: various directorships or other posts in organisations with an eye on government contracts, etc.

Yes, I obviously don’t know about the Civil Service, and obviously any part time contract will necessarily have to allow other employment. But a full time teacher for example is restricted. A full time teacher can have another job, but it can, and in my experience has, prove problematic. Besides, I do not see how a full time teacher, especially one just starting out would have time for another job. Perhaps like teachers whose pay is dictated, by and large, by the time they’re in front of a class*, MP’s should only be paid for the time they’re in the chamber

*Yes, I do know all about directed time for other duties and responsibilities

Ban parents from picking up their kids from school.

The farmer who was born in our house used to walk 6 miles each way across the hills to school, every day, all year round. Believe me, that would be tough going in the winter months. Now in his 70’s, he’s fit as a fiddle and still farms full time. Hell, even I would regularly walk 3 miles each way to school. We’ve become an incredibly soft society, it’s pathetic really.

advertisement

Back