advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
We thought Once Upon A Time In Hollywood was Tarantino's worst film so far, and the storyline is boring.

(we are massive Tarantino fans - I was at his premiere of Pulp Fiction in Nottingham)
I think one's enjoyment of this film's very much related to your age. I really enjoyed it, and appreciated the recreation of the times and events. Quentin can do no wrong in my eyes!

I think one's enjoyment of this film's very much related to your age. I really enjoyed it, and appreciated the recreation of the times and events. Quentin can do no wrong in my eyes!

What age is the correct age to appreciate a film?

How do you get on with Hitchcocks early work? Or are you not old enough?

As you say "Quentin can do no wrong..." so he is immune to criticism in your eyes.

Hardly reassuring in terms of recommendations.

Just in case you haven’t already seen it, there’s a really good documentary about Tarantino and his movies called QT8: The First Eight. It’s on Apple Movies, and you can rent it for 99p.

trailer here

We thought Once Upon A Time In Hollywood was Tarantino's worst film so far, and the storyline is boring.

(we are massive Tarantino fans - I was at his premiere of Pulp Fiction in Nottingham)
Ditto, bought the 4K disk - which is very rare for us to do nowadays, thought it was utter crap didn't even make it to the end, sloooooow...

From Reservoir Dogs laserdisc onwards I have a physical copy of everything Quentin has directed, but this was a real disappointment

I think Tarantino is a pretty poor director these days, he’s made some absolute howlers. Django in chains is awful. I like reservoir dogs, pulp fiction, Jackie Brown & Kill Bill vol 1 but little else.

What age is the correct age to appreciate a film?

How do you get on with Hitchcocks early work? Or are you not old enough?

As you say "Quentin can do no wrong..." so he is immune to criticism in your eyes.

Hardly reassuring in terms of recommendations.
If you've lived through that era as a teenager. I like some of Hitchcock's work, but prefer Tarantino's films, all of which I've throughly enjoyed. I really couldn't care less if you don't happen to like my recommendations.

@Suffolk Tony

It isn't about 'liking' your recommendations or not.

But if you are unable to be critical of an artist because you are such a fan, then it lessens the value of your recommendation.

If you are unable to acknowledge that, fair enough.

Finishing Dark season three right now. Bl o o dy awesome.
The kind of mind-blowing stuff you need to watch twice to figure everything out– not even sure I would to be honest :D

I watched Parasite on Amazon Prime last night it's only £1.99 for a two day rental (£4.99 on Apple) an amazing film, one of the best I've watched for a long time, no idea how it won best film at the oscars as it's not your typical big budget American type of movie but definitely a worthy winner.

I'd rate it right up there with In The Mood For Love, by Wong Kar-Wai, which is one of the best movies ever made IMO and also his ChungKing Express, Parasite is a completely different movie from both of those films but the acting and cinematography and the story is just as good. I loved it.

Highly recommended.

Agree, top flick.

I think Tarantino is a pretty poor director these days, he’s made some absolute howlers. Django in chains is awful. I like reservoir dogs, pulp fiction, Jackie Brown & Kill Bill vol 1 but little else.

I really liked Django, Hateful Eight and Inglorious Basterds tbh, outstanding work

@Suffolk Tony

It isn't about 'liking' your recommendations or not.

But if you are unable to be critical of an artist because you are such a fan, then it lessens the value of your recommendation.

If you are unable to acknowledge that, fair enough.
I guess you've completely misunderstood the tone of my posting; often a problem on forums. Mr Tarantino can do no wrong in my eyes. Until he does...

I'm not alone in really enjoying what's supposed to be his last film.

I guess you've completely misunderstood the tone of my posting; often a problem on forums. Mr Tarantino can do no wrong in my eyes. Until he does...

I'm not alone in really enjoying what's supposed to be his last film.

I am unable to read tone, only the words available.

It is supposed to be his penultimate film...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back