advertisement

Going to the pub on Saturday?

reported today that no checks at UK airports on folk arriving from Spain - so how is this to be enforced, 600,000 UK citizens currently on holiday there?

reported today that no checks at UK airports on folk arriving from Spain - so how is this to be enforced, 600,000 UK citizens currently on holiday there?
When I returned two weeks ago we had to fill in and display at passport control a 3 page document listing where I’d been , flight details and where I was going, I can’t imagine that’s been scrapped. It’s still on the F.O. website.
https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

How does checking 600000 people at the airport ensure that they observe the 14-day quarantine period?

why have the 3 page document then, it was that what wasn't being collected at airports this morning according to arrivals?

why have the 3 page document then, it was that what wasn't being collected at airports this morning according to arrivals?
No idea , but thinking about it, the form was more a track and trace “device “ , I would only need to isolate if I had been in contact with someone testing positive. As of now everyone will be isolating ( in theory) for 14 days so it doesn’t mater who you’ve been in contact with.

^ I have seen nothing to persuade me that all Govt edicts are not just bluster to cover the real policy which has existed since the start: herd immunity asap and damn the collateral damage.

Yes, it's becoming clear this quarantine is meaningless unless it is enforced. As it seems largely unenforceable, then it will remain a meaningless gesture.

UK hospitality is on its knees I for one will holiday in the uk. I would feel nervous going abroad not just of catching the virus. Holiday companies are on the edge off collapsing even more now a hammer blow of restrictions to Spain.

We have just moved our EO August holiday to Portugal to next April. Hotels ameniable.

Now designed a UK based road trip to complete a bit more of our circumstances navigation of the UK coast line. 6 hotels seeked out, and all fully booked

just heard on Twitter that UK has extended non essential travel advice to Balearics and Canary Islands too.. waiting for confirmation

Just had a message to say there has been an increase locally, in part contibuted to by an outbreak in care homes, but also a rise in cases in young adults. A local bar has said it's closing again after a staff member tested positive.

some cynics might assume that Gibraltar is currently being discussed between UK and Spanish officials?

advertisement

Back