advertisement

[FS] Martin D-28 - Mint “case queen”

Whaleblue

Southbound
Bought from the premier Martin dealership Dave Mann in Nottingham, brand new by me in April 2015. It’s serial no. dates it to December 2014. I tried several in the shops around the south, where I lived, but although they were all good, none quite said “buy me”.

I did some research, and at that time Dave Mann (who have recently closed, COVID?) seemed to be one of the best regarded Martin dealers In the country. We went up and stayed the night, so I could spend some time picking my guitar. I also looked at the HD-28 variant, but this straight D-28 is the one that clicked. It’s a stunningly beautiful guitar.

Importantly it also sounds superb! Over the five years though, I’ve only played it a handful of times, and it’s lived in its case all of that time. It’s a classic “case queen”, and absolutely mint, not a mark on it.

Selling as I need the money more than I need a guitar I rarely play. I keep telling myself I’ll play more when I retire, but that’s a way off. The prices of US guitars seems to have rocketed over the last few years, and looking on the ‘bay I’d be looking for £1900 if I put it up there.

£1700

I really don’t want to post, so if you’re seriously interested, get in contact and we’ll go from there. I’m in Worthing.

This image was taken yesterday.

50154415713_355404c5ae_b.jpg

This was taken when new. It’ll look the same now!

17179969695_8ba289e2b8_b.jpg

Last edited:
Very Nice WB. There's a specific room for Musical instruments now (seems to just be for guitars at the moment)

GLWS

Withdrawn. It’s much too nice to let go at this price, so I’ll just have to get it out and play it a little!

OK, so I’m not using this beautiful guitar despite best intentions.

I really need to let it go, so back up for sale at £1600.

Still available. I’ll take £1550, which I know any purchaser will realise is a bargain when they get to hear and see this beauty.

advertisement

Back