advertisement

Peter Green RIP

RIP. So sad and surprisingly only 73. "Gotta See Her Tonight" remains one of my favourite tracks of all time and has the best outro in history.....
Me too. The whole song has a great groove.

RIP Peter, another one of my hero's gone.

I met him a few times. I went to school with Jeremy Spencer (slide player in the first Fleetwood Mac) in the 1960's and a close friend was also close friend of Danny Kirwan (also Fleetwood Mac, who died recently). We were his guests at the Albert Hall gig. I also played guitar in several London blues bands and always thought he was one of the finest - economy versus fast riffs. Ironically, I was contracted to run an Arts Centre about 10 years ago in Suffolk and featured a blues festival with him headlining with the Splinter Group. Had the chance to have a long chat with him but he was quite different to who I remember though very gentle and quiet. Great loss - listen to "Love that burns" on the second Fleetwood album Mr Wonderful. RIP indeed.

Me too. The whole song has a great groove.

RIP Peter, another one of my hero's gone.

Indeed, and maintaining that that song's groove is a great test of a decent hi-fi system, especially of whether an LP12 needs setting up!!!

Listening to this as my tribute to Peter, the whole album is genius and features Snowy White along with Peter - at peace finally - RIP

Zep may be my favourite band of all time but Peter Green is probably my favourite guitarist. Such tasteful and emotional playing, and the tone he (and that guitar) got was unique. And lets not forget what a great vocalist he was as well. I feel the same way as when Bowie left us.

R-3207062-1320502189.jpeg.jpg

Thank you Peter..RIP

Saw Fleetwood Mac many times well before the hits at local gigs, Pantiles and Toby Jug + others
Always excellent
Gutted when he left them
RIP Peter

Loved the original Fleetwood Mac with one of the greatest guitarists this country ever produced. I was never a fan of the latter Fleetwood Mac always thought of them as a pop band my opinion of course.

Regards,

Martin

Loved the original Fleetwood Mac with one of the greatest guitarists this country ever produced. I was never a fan of the latter Fleetwood Mac always thought of them as a pop band my opinion of course.

Yes, I don't begrudge them their success, but not in the same league as the original Fleetwood Mac IMHO.

Back in the dim dark days in North Devon before it was discovered and I was banned from attending on grounds of youth, Peter Green's original Fleetwood Mac came down to play some concerts, one at the local sea water swimming pool. Only blues band that ever did, and reports said they were stunning. I mean, who'd waste money going to Bideford, Torrington or Sheepwash just so the tiny blues community could hear them?

Always thoughtback then Peter Green was the greatest secret to keep in music. If people discovered how good he really was, he'd never play in our local pool again. Couldn't put on any of his music when I saw he had died, even the mention here of some classics brought tears to my now aged eyes.

Last edited:
Astonishingly Peter Green passed me by for a lot of my own personal musical adventure, but once he came into my orbit I just couldn't believe how good he actually was. His was a talent rarely seen, made everything seem so easy & music just poured from him, gentle, powerful, emotional, whatever your personal fix was he had it in spades, as it was I couldn't hear Man of the World without tearing up, & I sure as hell won't be able to now.
RIP. Genius.

advertisement

Back