advertisement

Rega Speakers, what's inside?

Ian M

pfm Member
Just out of interest I have been searching far and wide for images of the construction of Rega loudspeakers. So far I have found nothing, any ideas. Thanks

Just out of interest I have been searching far and wide for images of the construction of Rega loudspeakers. So far I have found nothing, any ideas. Thanks
That very much depends on the Rega model in question, they’re all well made though. I’m pretty certain the models with a side firing woofer have separate chambers from the difference sections, they’ve made some transmission line designs too.

IMG_4230.JPG

There's an old lady trapped in some of the bigger models...

Thanks for answers. I should have said I have got the RS5’s so just interested in their internals, not that I am going to operate.

Thanks for answers. I should have said I have got the RS5’s so just interested in their internals, not that I am going to operate.

I would imagine that the midrange driver/tweeter is in a sealed compartment and the 7" bass driver makes up the most of the cabinet in a ported enclosure. Just a guess.

Probably what most other say, and as long as Rega don't need/want to publish anything other than write what changes were provided going from RS to RX

advertisement

Back