advertisement

Linn Ikemi repair

I had one years ago not being my first CD player I was amazed by the detail it throw out the CD collection felt new never heard them play like that before on a Magik cd player. Made me wonder how a CD12 sounded.
The CD12 is quite simply the best CD player I’ve ever heard, cheapest too! I had one for a couple of years and sold it on for more than I paid, buying an Akurate DS to replace it... at first I thought the Akurate DS was better, but it wasn’t, took a Klimax DS to beat it.

The CD12 is quite simply the best CD player I’ve ever heard, cheapest too! I had one for a couple of years and sold it on for more than I paid, buying an Akurate DS to replace it... at first I thought the Akurate DS was better, but it wasn’t, took a Klimax DS to beat it.
Yea had a full Akurate system. It was good sounding but gave it up due to drop out's and my poor IT skills. Went back to basics with a turntable.

It’s a dedicated Sanyo CD mech in the Ikemi (not a DVD mech), there are two variants used depending on the age of the player. It will either be an SF91 or an SF-P101N. They can be bought complete (as in optical block and sled mech all together) for the price of a decent curry, you just need to know what you’re doing when installing them. I put a new mech in my Genki over 18 months ago, cost me about £14, it’s still working absolutely perfectly and it gets used a lot.

I sent you a PM regarding this. Thank you!

Hello to linnfomaniac83:
I have had a LINN IKEMI cd player for many years, and now my transport mechanism is failing. This model (as you know) had special characteristics in the manufacture of the laser unit and the transport mechanism, which were not the same as the Gonki or Klassik models.
The transport motor makes noise when placing the record, and it is difficult for it to do so, but once it gets in place, all the music still sounds great. It would be great to find someone to fix it for me. Would there be a way to send it in and have it fixed? How much would it cost me with the postage?.
My address is in Canary Islands, Spain.
Thank you for answering.

Hi,

The laser/mechanism is actually the same as used in the Classik and Genki, it’s the loading mechanism and the electronics that drive it that are very different.

I will look into shipping, obviously there’s a lot going on at the moment with Brexit. It may be that the shipping is more expensive than the repair itself.

Hello again linnfomaniac83:
First of all, thanks for replying. As I am not sure if it is simply the transport mechanism (I am not a technician), and it could also be the loading mechanism and the electronics that drives it, could you tell me if you could get a replacement for that last thing and how much would the cost be then, fixing for everything, including both?.
I would take care, from here, to find out informationout about the transport costs to where you are (I imagine in the United Kingdom). Then the return to the Canary Islands (Spain) you would have to consult yourself. I would bear all those expenses, of course.
I leave you my private email ([email protected]), because rather these are private matters, and I don't want to be bothering the rest of the Forum.
Thanks a lot.

Just got my hands on a used Ikemi with the same symptoms but the Sanyo mechs I've found are over $100 USD and wont ship to Puerto Rico. :(

Just got my hands on a used Ikemi with the same symptoms but the Sanyo mechs I've found are over $100 USD and wont ship to Puerto Rico. :(
Hi Vic, drop me a PM on here or on Facebook, I’ll help you out with this... and for a lot less than $100 USD I should imagine.

Hello to linnfomaniac83:
I have had a LINN IKEMI cd player for many years, and now my transport mechanism is failing. This model (as you know) had special characteristics in the manufacture of the laser unit and the transport mechanism, which were not the same as the Gonki or Klassik models.
The transport motor makes noise when placing the record, and it is difficult for it to do so, but once it gets in place, all the music still sounds great. It would be great to find someone to fix it for me. Would there be a way to send it in and have it fixed? How much would it cost me with the postage?.
My address is in Canary Islands, Spain.
Thank you for answering.

There is a CD player expert in the Canary Islands who posts regularly on diyaudio. His username is ManoloMos. I suggest you contact him. He's very knowledgeable.

advertisement

Back