advertisement

Your YouTube Adventures

Allen Millyard. Proper man in a shed engineering. "I need to make some 4 cylinder cams fit the 6 cylinder bike I'm making"- gets out angle grinder. Amazing work.

I know nothing about motorbikes or engineering but I love this. Remarkably talented man. I hesitate to say he's wasted on his hobby, more that he has a lot to give, explains himself simply and well.

He'd be a wonderful teacher .

I know nothing about motorbikes or engineering but I love this. Remarkably talented man. I hesitate to say he's wasted on his hobby, more that he has a lot to give, explains himself simply and well.

He mentions in one of his videos that he did an engineering apprenticeship and still works in engineering just as a manager now so his practical engineering is done at home for fun.

He mentions in one of his videos that he did an engineering apprenticeship and still works in engineering just as a manager now so his practical engineering is done at home for fun.
That's good.

I'm not judging him or planning his career, it's just that I value and admire people like that highly and wish they were everywhere solving problems, innovating and teaching the young (or old).

He's also a lot less shouty than other ace engineers Colin Furze and 'Look Mum No Computer!' Which is nice.

If David Attenborough is the voice of nature then Allen Millyard must surely be the voice of Haynes Manuals. Seriously, can we get him to narrate some Haynes Manuals audiobooks???

Imagine if he were teamed up with Nik and Richard from Project Binky.
Nik: I'll just make a bracket to hold the roof on.
Richard: Good idea, I'll put the kettle on then wire up the 27 computers for the parking sensor.
Allen: I've hacksawed the engine in half, I'll turn it into a v24 quadcam. 2 sugars please.

Back to bikes. 48-cylinder Kwacker, anyone?

I love the fact it has a single pot 'donkey engine' from a scooter to start it.

That Kwack is nuts. How big would your pockets have to be to carry all the spare spark plugs. Could always tell the 2stroke Kawasaki boys in my old local because they clinked as they walked. They were always last to the next pub because they had to stop twice. Once for fuel, and once to swap to their least oily sparkplugs.=)

Making a plinth for your LP 12 not time-consuming enough, how about making a guitar from lollipop sticks?

TIme for some Moot Booxlé

A very talented guy (so much so that Behringer has him demoing their gear now). He has the funk.

A fabulous maker in the Allen Millyard mould. Bill Carter who is a legend in the hand made plane world. He has a large number of short instructional videos including a whole series on making a metal mitre plane

advertisement

Back