advertisement

Going to the pub on Saturday?

they dont track anything really. With 'spoons you have the app, and you need to let the app know which pub you are in so you can order table service. It knows when you order etc. They store the data, it is also linked to a payment mechanism, GPay for example.

I am envious of your crystal ball and expertise
vous? sarcastic? non!!!!!

How do the GDPR rules deal with this pub tracing system?
Store the data securely, destroy it (securely) at 22 days. Only disclose it when requested by Test & Trace; DON’T use it for any other purpose (such as generating an email mailing list, or sharing it with other landlords, Pubwatch schemes, etc). That’s about it, really.

never, just taking at face value what you claim.
" I see the stats for a second spike" ? That bit? More common sense than crystal ball. Looking at Bournemouth beach pics, or reading about Leicester, surely is enough for some concern? Even a glance at the recent charts shows a slight climb in many populated areas.
The situation here in Scotland is more measured and, I think there must be some correlation between that approach and the NIL increase in cases now reported in many areas here, days running. It's not that simple ofc, we are rural here and etc, but better safe than sorry when our selfish actions may cause harm, even death surely?

People really need to grasp the government’s priority is absolutely not saving lives in our demographic. They are already lying hugely about the infection figures, only quoting ‘pillar 1’, ignoring ‘pillar 2’ etc in briefings, and they appear totally oblivious to the best indicator we have which is ‘excess deaths’. Basically they will get blamed and held to account if the economy falls through the floor and there is mass unemployment etc, but not if there are tens of thousands more deaths in the over-60s or ‘underlying condition’ demographic. They are shameless and dishonest. I’m surprised they are not running jingoistic ‘Your Wetherspoons wants you!’ adverts with Fat Boris pointing a finger Kitchener style. To my mind you‘d have to be an utter moron to enter a pub if you are >50 and in anything less than top athlete condition. I’d not go in one if there was a free thousand quid in used £20s sitting on the table with my name on it.

PS Really good science on the FT website as ever.

People really need to grasp the government’s priority is absolutely not saving lives in our demographic. They are already lying hugely about the infection figures, only quoting ‘pillar 1’, ignoring ‘pillar 2’ etc in briefings, and they appear totally oblivious to the best indicator we have which is ‘excess deaths’. Basically they will get blamed and held to account if the economy falls through the floor and there is mass unemployment etc, but not if there are tens of thousands more deaths in the over-60s or ‘underlying condition’ demographic. They are shameless and dishonest.

Dead people don't blame anyone for anything. Even more importantly they don't vote either.

Not a chance in hell...

Find it backwards TBH

Fine to open pubs so people can get pissed up and probably cause issues for the police & NHS; but won't allow the opening of gyms and sports centres, so people can better themselves and get fitter etc... :rolleyes:o_O

But they do have surviving friends and relatives.

The choice between jobs and deaths was a false one from the beginning. The UK will have a second/third wave and consequent half-assed lockdowns with stop/go damage to the economy. The economy can only really recover when Covid is beaten by:
1. Successful lockdown. Now impossible for the UK.
2. Herd immunity which implies many many more deaths.
3. Effective vaccine. Or at least treatments.
Better hope for 3. asap.

advertisement

Back