advertisement

what amp for neat ultimatum mfs

1000 quids, maybe 1200...

Depends on the rest of your system but you could pick up a supernait, first version, which would give you plenty of power. You could add on power amps and additional PSUs if that is something your interested in. Can become expensive though.

I have the neat momentum sx3i which are a clear level below yours but share the same isobarik drivers. I use a rega elex r with mine and they sound fantastic, albeit in a all rega system. You could try elicit r but personally I preferred the elex when doing a AB demo into some b&w speakers.

Haven't listened to them but you can pick up exposure and cyrus stuff for a reasonable price second hand. In fact someone in the classifieds section is selling a heap of cyrus items which could work well.

Plenty of options. If it were me and buying without an audition I'd get the supernait.

Depends on the rest of your system but you could pick up a supernait, first version, which would give you plenty of power. You could add on power amps and additional PSUs if that is something your interested in. Can become expensive though.

I have the neat momentum sx3i which are a clear level below yours but share the same isobarik drivers. I use a rega elex r with mine and they sound fantastic, albeit in a all rega system. You could try elicit r but personally I preferred the elex when doing a AB demo into some b&w speakers.

Haven't listened to them but you can pick up exposure and cyrus stuff for a reasonable price second hand. In fact someone in the classifieds section is selling a heap of cyrus items which could work well.

Plenty of options. If it were me and buying without an audition I'd get the supernait.
thank you

so the suggestions are:
1)supernait
2)exposure farlowe era...but...maybe the recent 5010 or 3010? what do you think?
3) atc sia150
4)cyrus

but the budget is 1000...help me plz

Ultimatums are superb speakers but do like decent amplification. I used to have XL6 Ultimatums with 252/SC/300. A great match and fantastic sound. I don’t think the lesser amps would bring the best out of them. You might get away with a supernait, only way is to try it. I’ve now gone in a completely different direction but Neat and Naim are generally an excellent pairing in my experience.

Ultimatums are superb speakers but do like decent amplification. I used to have XL6 Ultimatums with 252/SC/300. A great match and fantastic sound. I don’t think the lesser amps would bring the best out of them. You might get away with a supernait, only way is to try it. I’ve now gone in a completely different direction but Neat and Naim are generally an excellent pairing in my experience.

Ponty, not sure if you would agree, but power wise supernait should not be a problem.

I think what you are saying is that the better the quality source and amp the better results you will get?

However, this is just my view, the same would be true for most speakers ie better amp & source, better results.

Also to note, OP doesn't have the budget.

The ATC amp is excellent. A given in my system. Though Hegel is the new kid on the block.

Have you heard any of the Hegel amps? I have been reading about h190 and h390 which both seem interesting and very well reviewed.

No sorry. As you say they get very good reviews and may be more attractive in dealers demos, I like the ATC, a very solid piece of kit.

advertisement

Back