advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... III

Status
Not open for further replies.
“The poor people of heritage”. Another example of a post utterly dripping with Tory hypocrisy.

I believe I've been accused of being a hypocrite by no less than thedecameron, whose every utterance on brexit is premised upon his own insoluble hypocrisy. I'm flattered.

'The poor people of heritage'. Your words, and your trope. I assume that the patronage (and I mean that as in the verb to patronise) of race is the monopoly of the libleft signallers of perfect virtue, of which you are such a shining example, and which furthermore encapsulates its own perfect hypocrisy. Well, maybe less so now, as we seem to be living in a time of rapidly shifting sands in the field of acclaiming virtuosity.

Anyway, I made no mention of 'heritage' (as relevant as that may be in other discussions), I merely pointed out a pretty vivid example of the ineptitude of the Home Office. The report, incidentally, has nothing to do with tories (apart from the fact that the government commissioned it), and is definitively not hypocritical. You can read it for yourself here over your fairtrade morning coffee.

If you can't lower yourself to a that, here's a summary of the govt's response in the leftlib's daily for you https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ent-to-act-on-all-30-windrush-recommendations

Oh, and SteveS1, as you seemed to very quick off the mark to lick - sorry, like - thedecameron's customarily sly remark, you might care to read it too.

It's frightening to think Francois has a 30,000 majority. Just imagine what those voters must be like.

Sad to say he is my MP, a complete embarrassment. And no I did not vote for the twerp. Been a very safe Tory seat for years, though how that idiot got selected I don't know.

I think it’s a fair appraisal. You can do basic arithmetic but Ive seen no evidence of any insight beyond that. Mostly you employ Google as a spray and pray tool. It’s Bowling Club level but it falls flat in an environment like this.
I could change from basic arithmetic to group think that you appear to prefer but as the past 5 years have shown the results do not match your wishful thinking.

Oh, and SteveS1, as you seemed to very quick off the mark to lick - sorry, like - thedecameron's customarily sly remark, you might care to read it too.

You're a slippery sod, sorry soul ET, the masque slipped way back and your high minded pretentions with it. Windrush was entirely consistent with May's "hostile environment" and her obsession with numbers following Cameron's absurd 'targets' with the usual suspects cheering her on. Your attempt to blame the CS is risible.

50061080481_dca1dcf9db_z.jpg

"Apparently he's an MP."

You really need to read complete thread, it's very funny, but surely it must be a spoof? The couple in question and their son couldn't possibly be that stupid, could they? Really?

It's what the UK have media have fed people for years, some of it was bound to stick. Regulation and standards became "unnecessary red tape", totally reciprocal agreements on travel and movement became "loss of immigration control", controls and protections became "unnecessary bureaucracy".

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/unitedkingdom/en/media/euromyths.html

I expect voters were too smart to believe them, that's why they were relentlessly repeated.

It's what the UK have media have fed people for years, some of it was bound to stick. Regulation and standards became "unnecessary red tape", totally reciprocal agreements on travel and movement become "loss of immigration control", controls and protections became "unnecessary bureaucracy".

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/unitedkingdom/en/media/euromyths.html

I expect voters were too smart to believe them, that's why they were relentlessly repeated.
Well, yes, Im only too well aware of all that, but my mother who owns a house in France and is otherwise slightly to the right of Attila the Hun at least had the sense not to vote for Brexit (or so she says). We are still trying to work out the consequences for her and me. The house is left to me as her sole heir.

That thread is amazing. I don't know whether to have an attack of schadenfreude or overwhelming pity.

Nope. Schadenfreude.

I must be out of the loop, what happens on Jan 1 that means these people have to sell their holiday home?
They live in it most of the year. As of 1 Jan they will probably only be allowed 90 days pa unless they want to apply to be registered as permanent French residents, pay tax etc. If they do that they will be restricted in visits to the UK.

That thread is amazing. I don't know whether to have an attack of schadenfreude or overwhelming pity.

Nope. Schadenfreude.
Brain washed brexiters.

Blame the EU, blame immigrants, blame the local mayor, but under no circumstances take a look at themselves, their mindset, their choices and the consequences.

They say they know what they were voting for. What can have gone wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back