advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think it's wrong the most of us have to follow the rules and then there's those with money that don't. I'm starting to realise why many people have had enough and saying **** it.

I just think it's wrong the most of us have to follow the rules and then there's those with money that don't. I'm starting to realise why many people have had enough and saying **** it.
To be fair, there are lots of professions that have had to work, and can't always or reliably observe social distancing (such as supermarket staff, NHS, police, other essential services) but nobody accuses them of 'not having to follow the rules'. It seems to me that if you are opening up retail again, and taking reasonable precautions, then why not also football, taking reasonable precautions? It's not like the taxpayer is, er, footing the bill.

I can’t understand why 22 blokes are allowed to play football together when all the rest of us have to social distance.
Lower risk than people in food factories or supermarkets. Yes, I know that they aren't making or selling food but there are only 22 of them and they are outdoors most of the time, so low risk.

If you want to see it all kick off again wait until the pubs open again on Saturday and then count to 10. That makes 14th July, Bastille Day, for the start of a second wave in Britain.

Footballers don't have to work do they. Most of them are multimillionaires. I wouldn't say they were essential workers either. But hey we can't have them or their clubs losing money can we but we'll pay our frontline workers a pittance and work them to death.

I'm dreading the pubs opening again Steve. You won't get me anywhere near one. I just hope we don't get another wave because I reckon it'll hurt more than the first one.

I'm dreading the pubs opening again.

Me too, I think it's going to be a weekend of social unrest and general anti-social behaviour fuelled by the fact the pubs are going to try (and likely fail) to only let limited numbers of people in. Feel sorry for the police to be honest, I know everyone on here likes to bash them, but I wouldn't swap places with them for all the tea in China with what is likely coming.

25 deaths reported today, which sounds low even for a Monday reporting the previous 24 hours, however, my wife tells me last Monday the equivalent figure reported was 15.

The Mayor of Leicester is going Trump. Prof Reicher, chair of behavioural psychology at St.Andrews has said Johnson’s messaging about pubs reopening has undermined social distancing and Whitty is now attempting the role of Fauci in Damage limitation.

25 deaths reported today, which sounds low even for a Monday reporting the previous 24 hours, however, my wife tells me last Monday the equivalent figure reported was 15.

Last Tuesday the daily death rate was 280 and Thursday 180 no deaths in Scotland for four days.

The SNP are achieving independence by pandemic :)

They're talking about closing the border here:D

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

So Leicester is a local hot spot, what are they going to do? Local Lockdown they say, yet when you look at what they are planning it is actually to keep the restrictions the same as they have been for the last 100 days. No doubt on the basis that it is working so well right now NOT

So Leicester is a local hot spot, what are they going to do? Local Lockdown they say, yet when you look at what they are planning it is actually to keep the restrictions the same as they have been for the last 100 days. No doubt on the basis that it is working so well right now NOT
Leicester is test for locking down London.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back