advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... III

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it wasn't, Corbyn was also a much bigger issue.

Blair had it right - Brexit or Corbyn.
Christ! How on earth do you come across such dross? Oh, I know. It’s what twatter is about.

Obviously, I disagree.

Corbyn was an issue, in no small part due to the media campaign against him and what turns out to be internal factions of the Labour party, but brexit was the biggest single issue people voted on, imo.

Blaming the media? Very Trump. The only issue Corbyn had was Corbyn.

Yeahbut did you read the letter?
Only some of it. I’m not particularly interested in the ‘inflatable warrior’ as you call him. Good name, that, by the way. He generally spouts nonsense and I’m sure this time is no different, I just find the number of links to twatter a bit tiresome.

Instead of using data the usual remainer group thinking on this thread is that if the majority think something is true and most agree then it must be true. There has been the same wishful thinking with the referendum, the 2017 GE, a second referendum, and even the 2019 GE. Westminster had the same approach of wishful thinking that they Know best and the electorate had their say.
The problem is that you don't understand the data. At all. You just see a number. You just parrot it up. You look at each piece in isolation. You have no concept of how one thing impacts another.

I think it’s a fair appraisal. You can do basic arithmetic but Ive seen no evidence of any insight beyond that. Mostly you employ Google as a spray and pray tool. It’s Bowling Club level but it falls flat in an environment like this.

Christ! How on earth do you come across such dross? Oh, I know. It’s what twatter is about.

Helene Bismark is, amongst other things, an EU and government policy expert and in this case she was reporting a letter from one of our MPs sent to the EU's chief negotiator as part of the single most important political issue for a generation. I am not sure how you get "dross" from that.

Also Twitter is, if used carefully, an excellent way of keeping yourself informed on issues that interest you, especially in a time when our media is generally poor and getting worse. it's not all updates about the latest epsiode of Love Island.

Helene Bismark is, amongst other things, an EU and government policy expert and in this case she was reporting a letter from one of our MPs sent to the EU's chief negotiator as part of the single most important political issue for a generation. I am not sure how you get "dross" from that.

Also Twitter is, if used carefully, an excellent way of keeping yourself informed on issues that interest you, especially in a time when our media is generally poor and getting worse. it's not all updates about the latest epsiode of Love Island.

Completely agree you dismiss twitter posts when they come from the President of the USA because of the childish content but once you verify the sources Twitter has become the quickest route to market. Beats news websites every time. You just have to look at the quality of a lot of the comments on that feed. It is fantastic that one gets to see the head of the ERG in action and see what he is all about. Chilling that such junk can get elected and be allowed out off the leash.

Also Twitter is, if used carefully, an excellent way of keeping yourself informed on issues that interest you, especially in a time when our media is generally poor and getting worse.

Dross is what I think of the content from the idiot, Francois, at least as much as I read of it. How would you describe it? Words of wisdom and statesmanship? The man is a complete embarrassment. I’m surprised you seem unhappy at my comment.

We will have to disagree about Twatter, which I suspect is what really brought on your reply because you like it. It is crap, in my opinion. Dross though the letter is, and as much as I can’t stand Francois, this Bismark should not be publishing it on twatter. Maybe I’m an old fashioned teen, or something.

Dross is what I think of the content from the idiot, Francois, at least as much as I read of it. How would you describe it? Words of wisdom and statesmanship? The man is a complete embarrassment. I’m surprised you seem unhappy at my comment.

I am not unhappy at your comment, although it was, I felt, somewhat aggressive and so rather required a reply. I was just explaining how I came across the letter and why your comments about Twitter were, at least in this case, misplaced. I was careful to acknowledge that the Love Island branch of Twitter is a swirling mass of c**t soup with idiot croutons but also explained why that was not the case here.

It reads like the sort of letter that would have been written out long hand and posted to the editor of the DM or Express by an enraged dementee in a Tory Shire or when they weren’t doing that, it would be a similar letter to the Prime Minister, 10 Downing Street, London demanding to know why his bin collection had been reduced in frequency. I was wondering why we hadn’t heard from Corporal Francois lately.
It's frightening to think Francois has a 30,000 majority. Just imagine what those voters must be like.

That is a way of presenting it. Another way of saying sort of the same thing is' The CS considering the implications of Brexit and after careful assessment came to the conclusion it was not beneficial to the country'
I suspect that is how it transpired. Your comrades on this thread maybe including yourself will suggest all the goodies and freebies they get from the EU taint their decision making. Eh I would strongly disagree

Because the costs outweigh the benefits and it's a stupid idea.

Well, there's two posters who seem to agree that the CS was not impartial in regard of its post brexit vote conduct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back