advertisement

David Bowie - Full Set - BBC 2

Big Tabs

looking backwards, going forwards
David Bowie - full set from Glastonbury 2000.

Shown in full for the first time on television tonight. (28/06/20)

BBC 2 - 21:30 to 23:30

Timer set.

I am looking forward to this. Never saw Bowie in concert. Certainly not interested in ever going to Glastonbury.

Set list
  1. Wild is the Wind
  2. China Girl
  3. Changes
  4. Stay
  5. Life on Mars?
  6. Absolute Beginners
  7. Ashes to Ashes
  8. Rebel Rebel
  9. Little Wonder
  10. Golden Years
  11. Fame
  12. All the Young Dudes
  13. The Man Who Sold the World
  14. Station to Station
  15. Starman
  16. Hallo Spaceboy
  17. Under Pressure
encore

1. Ziggy Stardust
  2. Heroes
  3. Let's Dance
  4. I'm Afraid of Americans

:)

Thanks for the heads up, I saw Bowie several times and he was always different form one time to the next, that's what I loved about him and his music... he never stood still.

I was there, it was the year they reckoned 80,000 people got in for free, it was packed, worryingly so, we waited ages for Bowie, it took hours to get to the stage it was that packed!

Bowie was very good, my slight criticism was that the band were to polished and slick, I think it lacked a little rawness!

Afterwards there was a massive crush due to security parking a landrover on one of the main walkways, we were crushed so much it hurt, never experienced anything like that before.

I'd been to Glastonbury eight times previously, that one was my last

First and only time I ever saw him live was at Bridlington Spa on the Ziggy tour way back when.

Just checked. It was on the 28th June 1973.

What a lovely strange coincidence.

Looking forward to the whole set tonight.

Thanks for the reminder Mr Tabs

Fantastic to see this.
I was at the festival but wasn't at all interested in the main stage acts, knowing how much of a crush it would be to get there and get out again.
I went to see Gong on the Avalon Stage instead.
Great to be able to see what I missed though...

I was there, it was the year they reckoned 80,000 people got in for free, it was packed, worryingly so, we waited ages for Bowie, it took hours to get to the stage it was that packed!

Bowie was very good, my slight criticism was that the band were to polished and slick, I think it lacked a little rawness!

Afterwards there was a massive crush due to security parking a landrover on one of the main walkways, we were crushed so much it hurt, never experienced anything like that before.

I'd been to Glastonbury eight times previously, that one was my last

To be honest I found it all overly slick and Bowie at that time seemed to be developing into his own Tribute Act. The hair, the clothes, the return of the mock accent. Was all a bit much for me. I thought prior to his death he was revitalised and was much more progressive.Sorry.

Ziggy being played with two blood red SGs - the only colour that should be allowed unless you’re Sister Rosetta Tharpe.

Was that the complete set? I loved it having grown up in that era but nothing off Aladdin Sane?? For me my favourite Bowie era.. Hunky, Ziggy, Aladdin were his peak albums. Having said that I always had a soft spot for Station to Station, nice to hear some tracks off that album.

advertisement

Back