advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently sitting nursing a swollen arm crook where a mossie bit me earlier today.

Bastids. It swelled up like I don't know what and half a tube of Anthisan (mannly exaggeration) and a couple of Piriton later and it's still itching like I don't know what.

Bloody hate mosquitos or whatever the eff it was that did it.

I am now covered in Deet and sweating. Horribly.

I will not sleep tonight.

More Wine!!!

Currently sitting nursing a swollen arm crook where a mossie bit me earlier today.

Bastids. It swelled up like I don't know what and half a tube of Anthisan (mannly exaggeration) and a couple of Piriton later and it's still itching like I don't know what.

More Wine!!!

My golf course seems to support horse flies very well. They used to feed off me quite well, until I started applying Autan etc. My golf mates used to look at me bonkers for applying it. They all do, now.

You have my sympathies...:(

I’m about 40 miles up the motorway from Oxford Services, where sightings have been routine for years. They must be spreading north slowly. I will welcome them with open arms if they scare some of the grating choir of sodding pigeons and jackdaws off.
Not much does...get an angry Goshawk maybe?
Print this up huge and stick it on a post in the garden :)
_DSC8988 by John Dutfield, on Flickr

Just made a crab and leek tart for tonight’s tea.
Will have it with a salad.
Suns out, not had the promised storm yet.
Whilst playing 13 holes of golf yesterday afternoon I drank 2.5 litres of water.
I was hoping the weather would break and cool down today.

A very bad, unfit PFM golfer.
The fourteenth tee is nearest the clubhouse if you need to bail out...

Why 13...bladder didn't hold out after the 2.5L :) ?

Osteoarthritis of the hip.
Left hip was replaced a few years ago but the right is failing now.
I don’t want it done whilst covid 19 is such a threat though, and they aren’t offering it anyway.
I don’t think the water reached my bladder, it came straight out of my sweat glands!

More Wine!!!

yes very unpleasant , rather like germalene myself

Today I took my eldest grandchild out shopping for clothes.

She is 10 but looks 14.

We raided the size 8 womens sale rail in Sainsbury's and picked up some bargains. She loves corduroy and dislikes anything 'girly.'

For a treat I got her a big bag of Kanzi apples.

We then went to Decathlon and found some sandals and a fleece. Also we bagged some womens purple fancy hiking shorts.
I have promised her a decent large rucksack soon, to contribute to her camping/hiking hobby.

The clothes in Decathlon are mostly synthetic fibres, which I cannot wear. I find this really annoying as I like many of the designs. There is a lot said about the wicking properties of certain weaves or cloth when browsing the clothing range. Without fail, anything synthetic I wear, e.g. a T-shirt makes me sweat like a pig. I get the same effect with shoes.

My little headless i3 hackintosh server has been quite the trooper this month for c19 protein folds. Nothing like the repurposed bitcoin mining big rigs, but that’s a great show from an 8th Gen i3 in a month.

y9bwzf83

Waiting for the Hardware for the under bar and shelf in the meantime it sits on a wobbly coffee table under the desk.

y8t47w3d

It’s good keyboard, feels like an old DX7

work, had a great Teams meeting with the architects working on our new building at work.

Had a productive Teams meeting with a new recruit who lives in Bournemouth, he and his partner are avoiding the beach atm. He did say that is was crowded, but not as bad as the media were making out. Facilities like toilets are overwhelmed, but he says that is normal for a hot weekend. Worse was the litter, people pissing in the street and in residents front garden, and shitting in crisp packets and leaving it on the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back