advertisement

Keir Starmer sacks RL-B

Whatever the issues around this it was clearly an unwise decision to re tweet this. In her statement she said she never meant to endorse all of the article but then a wiser head may have added this to the re-tweet. She clearly has fans and I’ve no real reason not to think RLB is a good sincere MP but she was poor during the Leadership campaign(not a good sign) and she is perhaps ‘rash and thoughtless’. There also may be other issues but we are not privy to her behaviours within cabinet so that is conjecture.Perhaps she agitated or was too much of a reminder of the principled but ineffective and chaotic Corbyn era. Not good qualities in such a prime role.

So, does anyone know if there are any other countries that help to train the US police?

The US Police train others, Mexico for example, the issue here (according to Amnesty) is the cross policing-military training the US forces are receiving from the Israeli forces.

Whatever the issues around this it was clearly an unwise decision to re tweet this. In her statement she said she never meant to endorse all of the article but then a wiser head may have added this to the re-tweet. She clearly has fans and I’ve no real reason not to think RLB is a good sincere MP but she was poor during the Leadership campaign(not a good sign) and she is perhaps ‘rash and thoughtless’. There also may be other issues but we are not privy to her behaviours within cabinet so that is conjecture.Perhaps she agitated or was too much of a reminder of the principled but ineffective and chaotic Corbyn era. Not good qualities in such a prime role.

Boing!

The US Police train others, Mexico for example, the issue here (according to Amnesty) is the cross policing-military training the US forces are receiving from the Israeli forces.

Saidi Arabia, Turkey, Egypt. They all train the US Police too.
They were not mentioned in the article. Makes you think.

It was, yes, and I don't understand the need for it to be continually reposted as some kind of justification / defense of RLB's stupidity.

Her stupidity was in agreeing to the ridiculous gagging clause that the Tory supporting Board of Deputies pushed in front of the Labour candidates - I'll give you that.

I think we can safely assume now that Starmer will not be supporting the call for sanctions when Israel annexes Palestine on 1st July. Those that do will face sanctions themselves and possible expulsion I suspect...

The accusation at the heart of this is that the Israelis helped train the US police. It appears that they did. Desperate that truth has no place in a defence.

As do the Saudi's, Egyptians and Turks, as I mentioned upthread. That the accusation at the heart of this is against Israel is exactly the problem. If you read the Twitter thread that I posted, it might help you.

The accusation at the heart of this is that the Israelis helped train the US police. It appears that they did. Desperate that truth has no place in a defence.
That’s not true. The accusation was that the Israeli police taught the American police to restrain people by kneeling on their necks. There is no evidence whatsoever that that was the case. Nor is there any evidence that the Israeli police use the technique themselves. Sure some American cops met some Israeli cops, as they meet British cops, Italian cops, Australian cops for “training” aka paid for holidays.

Her stupidity was in agreeing to the ridiculous gagging clause that the Tory supporting Board of Deputies pushed in front of the Labour candidates - I'll give you that.

Anyway, everyone should be happy.

Those in the party who think she's too closely associated with Corbyn, Labour supporting Jewish groups who feel Labour hasn't always got their backs when it matters. Those who didn't want her left wing credentials ruined by association with a more popular opposition and finally RLB herself, who gets a little martyrdom cred from which to critique from the back benches.

She retains purity in the eyes of the faithful and Momentum gets back their poster girl. What's not to like? Still you aren't happy.

That’s not true. The accusation was that the Israeli police taught the American police to restrain people by kneeling on their necks. There is no evidence whatsoever that that was the case. Nor is there any evidence that the Israeli police use the technique themselves. Sure some American cops met some Israeli cops, as they meet British cops, Italian cops, Australian cops for “training” aka paid for holidays.

The fact is nobody knows what was taught because it's secret. What we do know is that there is serial evidence of human rights abuses both by the US and Israeli police forces. We also know that the UK sells repressive equipment to the US despite the evidence of its misuse. Again Starmer is quiet on the issue. Unless Labour takes the lead on issues like this they can't find a way into the public consciousness, and it makes Labour complicit by their silence

https://www.amnestyusa.org/protest-map/

As do the Saudi's, Egyptians and Turks, as I mentioned upthread. That the accusation at the heart of this is against Israel is exactly the problem. If you read the Twitter thread that I posted, it might help you.

50046542117_d7a88be5ab_n.jpg

50046542117_d7a88be5ab_n.jpg

Anyway, everyone should be happy.

Those in the party who think she's too closely associated with Corbyn, Labour supporting Jewish groups who feel Labour hasn't always got their backs when it matters. Those who didn't want her left wing credentials ruined by association with a more popular opposition and finally RLB herself, who gets a little martyrdom cred from which to critique from the back benches.

She retains purity in the eyes of the faithful and Momentum gets back their poster girl. What's not to like? Still you aren't happy.
So petty and insulting. A litany here of pissy centrist cliches and resentments. And this is when you’ve won. You lot are never going to get over your few years of “political homelessness” and you’ve learned absolutely nothing from them.

So petty and insulting. A litany here of pissy centrist cliches and resentments. And this is when you’ve won. You lot are never going to get over your few years of “political homelessness” and you’ve learned absolutely nothing from them.

I'm used to it ;)

advertisement

Back